Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Oct 14, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #7,262 of 7,509
Quote:
Not as fancy as most but gets the job done, 4.Ais usually stay at home, very close to ordering the 8.As though 
etysmile.gif

It's fancy enough, I used the same rig for some time - with black meelec cable guides though.

Oct 14, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #7,264 of 7,509
Quote:

ipod 120g + Fiio e11 + UM TF10x4

Saving up for the upcoming 1964 ears V8 
etysmile.gif
 After that just finding a dap that has more than 250+gigs

You mean V6? AFAIK there's no upcoming V8

Oct 14, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #7,265 of 7,509
Quote:

You mean V6? AFAIK there's no upcoming V8

hmm, I thought they are still in the process of training their associates how to make it. If not then I would still wait, lol. I really want an 8 driver since to me it is a true upgrade.

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #7,266 of 7,509
Quote:
Doesn't matter to a head-fier because unless you've got $600 to drop on a DAC or DAC/amp combo (VAMP, HP-P1, CLAS), you're better off picking up a Pico used and offloading digital audio from an S3. Or even better, get the new Apex Glacier and save $100 for a DAC that is 90% as good and an impeccably clean, Pete Millet, TTVJ-designed, stepped-attenuator-based amp section with vastly more voltage swing :)

Kojaku

So the Note 2, will be also accept the "Apex Glacier" DAC? and how did you know that the S3 will work with "Apex Glacier"?

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #7,267 of 7,509
So the Note 2, will be also accepts  the "Apex Glacier" DAC? and how did you know that the S3 will work with "Apex Glacier"?

No idea about the note 2. In regards to the GS3, someone else mentioned them working earlier in the thread...

Kojaku

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #7,269 of 7,509
Quote:
Nice Rig!:) how does the UM TF10x4 compare to the original triple fi10 sound wise? im contemplating on doing a reshell with the added driver.

I added a mid driver and it sounds a bit better. I have 3 playlists that I play often and I can honestly say that I hear a bit more detail on those (FLAC/ALAC format) like hearing an instrument/vocals being played in the background that I haven't heard before. Sibilance becomes a problem when I'm listening to high notes/voices like Celine Dion. You can fix that by having an amp with bass boost. Is it worth it? I'm not sure since I have forgotten what the TF10 sounded like. I'm not even sure if adding more drivers = better. Guess I'm gonna find out lol.

BTW, I will only consider upgrading my dap or headphones since that is where the bulk of the sound quality lies imho. Pretty happy with my cheap amp lol
etysmile.gif

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #7,270 of 7,509
Quote:
I added a mid driver and it sounds a bit better. I have 3 playlists that I play often and I can honestly say that I hear a bit more detail on those (FLAC/ALAC format) like hearing an instrument/vocals being played in the background that I haven't heard before. Sibilance becomes a problem when I'm listening to high notes/voices like Celine Dion. You can fix that by having an amp with bass boost. Is it worth it? I'm not sure since I have forgotten what the TF10 sounded like. I'm not even sure if adding more drivers = better. Guess I'm gonna find out lol.

BTW, I will only consider upgrading my dap or headphones since that is where the bulk of the sound quality lies imho. Pretty happy with my cheap amp lol
etysmile.gif

I see, thanks for the info. hmm, im allergic to sibilance. lol. looks like tf10+1 driver is not the way to go for me. it ain't cheap either. :frowning2: think i will go with a basic reshell. i agree that upgrading dap  or headphones is more of a worthy upgrade. i suggest you try out different amps with the fi10s, i find it very sensitive to amps IMHO.

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #7,271 of 7,509
Is the normal universal TF10 sibilant to you then?

Oct 15, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #7,273 of 7,509
Quote:

I thought about gluing the cable into the guide as every now and then it falls out at the ends, not quite sure if it's a good idea though.

I wouldn't say it's a good idea LOL. And yeah, they like to fall out and that's why I don't use them anymore or just use vsonic guides.

Oct 15, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #7,275 of 7,509

Users who are viewing this thread

Back