Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Sep 22, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #6,811 of 7,509
Quote:

you like that C3 that much. just sent that fuze my way...R-

Haha probably the fuze will be going up for sale as well or ill put it in the car permanent, im trimming down almost all my gear to just a gym rig (clip and shure215) and main rig (my customs and modded Fostex tr50p with either the c3 or 3rd aniversary Studio).  Everything else must go lol.

Sep 22, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #6,812 of 7,509

Apple has updated the music player in ios6.

Gone is the blue play/scrubber bar and blue icons for shuffle, repeat etc. - replaced by a grey and orange theme...I think it's an improvement.

Sep 22, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #6,815 of 7,509
Quote:
Does anyone know what >$100 amp will go well with:
iPod Classic 7th Generation + Miles Davis Tribute Headphones? 
I'll post a pic once I buy an amp :)

I use either an E11 or an E6 with my Classic. I don't have those IEM's though.

Sep 23, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #6,818 of 7,509
Quote:
Yeah, it is great for everyday tunes we know very well. However, when I am evaluating new album I wish the little screen. But here appears Apple's VoiceOver function, which work flawless for me. :)

I never could get that to work in the Shuffle that I had...so I only used in in shuffle mode, until I traded it away. Nice sounding little player though. 

Sep 23, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #6,819 of 7,509
i've two rigs that i use during commute..
my old shure se 535 with custom ofhc spc cable 

my new greenhouse gh-erc-dms japanese dba-02/b2 clones ..... both running out of my ipod touch 3g 8gb! .. eyeing the tralucent t1 amp to go 

Sep 23, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #6,820 of 7,509
Quote:
I never could get that to work in the Shuffle that I had...so I only used in in shuffle mode, until I traded it away. Nice sounding little player though. 

Sorry about that, I remember myself installing device quite straightforwardly. Anyway, yeah, it is capable of some sound despite its small form factor. 
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
my old shure se 535 with custom ofhc spc cable

That cable looks so unique! Fur, I believe? How about sonic improvements?

Sep 23, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #6,821 of 7,509
not fur.. its just embroidery floss inside of which there is plastic food wrap covering the cable :) .. the original cable was very  microphonic for commute..now it doesnt tangle and its around 80 percent less microphonic

if you are very thorough of the SE-535 sound ..then you can notice minute difference .. like slightly more detail, more instrument seperation .. other things to my knowledge remain the same .. 

im just saving up for the tralucent t1!!  probably the best amp out there for portable purposes(80hrs charge) and sensitive iems .. check reviews!! 

Sep 23, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #6,822 of 7,509
Quote:
not fur.. its just embroidery floss inside of which there is plastic food wrap covering the cable :) .. the original cable was very  microphonic for commute..now it doesnt tangle and its around 80 percent less microphonic

if you are very thorough of the SE-535 sound ..then you can notice minute difference .. like slightly more detail, more instrument seperation .. other things to my knowledge remain the same .. 

im just saving up for the tralucent t1!!  probably the best amp out there for portable purposes(80hrs charge) and sensitive iems .. check reviews!! 

I like the embroidery floss! The funny thing is that I just did the same thing yesterday but went a little more crazy on the colors xD

Sep 23, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #6,823 of 7,509
iPhone 4 --> iQube --> DT-1350. Very pleasant portable rig.

Sep 23, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #6,824 of 7,509
Those are unique 780's for sure... :eek:

It does not matter what you do, the damn kinks will NOT come out of that Ultrasone cable... Maybe when the warranty expires I'll change mine over to something else.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Sep 23, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #6,825 of 7,509
Sony Walkman Z1060 W/ Sony EX1000's Drives them quite well 50% volume is quite comfortable. I'm impressed! The custom tips also help the low end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back