Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Aug 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #6,091 of 7,509
Quote:
Haha, I've never really looked into the ZO, can you explain what you mean by "smart vector technology" ? *Clueless.

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #6,093 of 7,509
no.....read: http://www.digizoid.com/tech/index.html

EDIT: Sorry, it's a bit hard to explain. It's best just to read the website for more information as it's not really mentioned anywhere else. It's a proprietary technology and it does wonders. The ZO2 and my AS-2's make my head think it's at a concert. I use it every once in a while to get that type of feel for short listening sessions. Otherwise i use it with little to no bass boost and it still adds an interesting effect to the sound. Very fun amp. It pretty much makes you feel the music more as it's more expansive and you may get the urge to start moving to the music with complete disregard for anyone looking on. It's always a good time when I use it.

EDIT 2: And Cindy and the rest of the gang there at digizoid are great. They love what they do and are happy to help respond and take care of customers. I always look forward to emailing them and even stay in touch when i have no other reason to email them just because they are good people.
Quote:
So basically just a high Quality bass boost???

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #6,094 of 7,509
Quote:
So basically just a high Quality bass boost???

but it also enhances the rest of the sound spectrum also? it's a very very addictive sound enhancer, and goes great with other gear, henceforth my Lisa3 ZOv1  pairing? hhmmm go figure? ggrrreat!

if they ever incorperate it into a full amp! whatch out the will own the market!

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #6,095 of 7,509
I've been trying to get them to make a better amp section. Not sure what will happen, but apparently the next model will at least sound a lot more ridiculous as it should be FullFreq, as opposed to LowFreq which is implemented in the ZO2 right now. Smartvektor tech is only being used on the first 1k Hz right now.
Quote:
but it also enhances the rest of the sound spectrum also? it's a very very addictive sound enhancer, and goes great with other gear, henceforth my Lisa3 ZOv1  pairing? hhmmm go figure? ggrrreat!

if they ever incorperate it into a full amp! whatch out the will own the market!

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #6,096 of 7,509
Quote:

Quote:
no.....read: http://www.digizoid.com/tech/index.html

EDIT: Sorry, it's a bit hard to explain. It's best just to read the website for more information as it's not really mentioned anywhere else. It's a proprietary technology and it does wonders. The ZO2 and my AS-2's make my head think it's at a concert. I use it every once in a while to get that type of feel for short listening sessions. Otherwise i use it with little to no bass boost and it still adds an interesting effect to the sound. Very fun amp. It pretty much makes you feel the music more as it's more expansive and you may get the urge to start moving to the music with complete disregard for anyone looking on. It's always a good time when I use it.

EDIT 2: And Cindy and the rest of the gang there at digizoid are great. They love what they do and are happy to help respond and take care of customers. I always look forward to emailing them and even stay in touch when i have no other reason to email them just because they are good people.

Sorry, That was all I got from that video, you should have been more specific. But thanks for the in depth explanation, its quite intriguing actually, Ill have to try it out some day. 

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #6,097 of 7,509
It's definitely an interesting rig, and if the kids get too boisterous, you can swing that beast upside a head or two. I wonder if the Smart Vektor thingy is something like BBE used in Cowon players. I see big stacks like that and it seems like too much trouble, but I've never heard what comes out of one, so I'm dying to give a listen to something like that. I'm a simple fellow with a J3 and iems, so I don't know what I'm really missing. To each their own, right people? BTW, this thread reminds me of "show and tell" from elementary school - it seems we all enjoyed that bit when we were youngsters
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 12, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #6,099 of 7,509
They have other videos showing off their technology. That video was made after they asked fans on facebook what song to use for an example. Check their youtube channel.
Quote:
I've been wanting to check out one of the OZ2s for a while now. But, if they want to be taken seriously by people unfamiliar with their products, maybe they should get rid of the Skrillex tune. 

Aug 12, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #6,100 of 7,509
Anyone that hasn't heard the magic that is a ZO owes it to themselves to hear it. It's by far the cleanest, smoothest, clearest bass boost I've ever heard. It's fantastic. Heck, find a ZO 1 and it's really not double amping. It amps slightly but if you feed it a line level signal that's what you'll get out of it.

Aug 12, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #6,102 of 7,509
Aug 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #6,105 of 7,509
I know the UHA6 needed the camera connector in order to connect to the ipad so I'm not sure if this is the same reason (bypassing the DAC section of the iphone4). Basically you are using the iphone as a transport instead when bypassing both the DAC and Amp section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back