Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Aug 11, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #6,079 of 7,509
Quote:

The industrial rugged metal look of the D2 reminds me of the Matrix, especially with the color of your table top underneath. Nice rig and photo.

Hahaha tq, It also uses my android to take photo
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Hi dear, how do you like your Shures?
What are music genres you listening to? I'm interested because I have these IEMS too. They're gorgeus. :)

My genre more focus on the female vocal, pop, rnb, j-pop, kpop

Aug 11, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #6,080 of 7,509
The Fostex HP-P1 is in the house so here is the new portable rig....

iPod Classic 7G
Fostex HP-P1
Sennheiser HD25-1 ii's
Toxic Cable LOD on order.....
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #6,081 of 7,509
I was at NOAC last week (National Order of the Arrow Conference for the Boy Scouts of America). The green one is is for the 2013 Boy Scout Jamboree and the Yellow ones are for the NOAC conference. They are doing the job until Frank sends me some from Toxic Cables with my new LOD.

Aug 11, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #6,082 of 7,509
Quote:
I was at NOAC last week (National Order of the Arrow Conference for the Boy Scouts of America). The green one is is for the 2013 Boy Scout Jamboree and the Yellow ones are for the NOAC conference. They are doing the job until Frank sends me some from Toxic Cables with my new LOD.

Eagle Scout and former Arrowman right here 
beerchug.gif

Aug 11, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #6,083 of 7,509
well I will share some pics of the rig that I have recently graduated too, iPod Classic 7th gen> CLAS> Lisa3> ZOv1>ASG-1.2s, W4R, or EX1000, all hooked together with a variety of cable wire, 30 pin to USB, and 3.5 minis, there either all silver, all copper, all copper/silver plated, or all copper/gold plated, in a variety of combinations, depending on the IEM that I may be using,

and it is all carried around in an Amzons basic camera case ($6.50) that I modified, I adjusted the belt loop to accomidate the ZO, and melted a hole in the bottom, to get access to the CLAS on/off switch so I don't have to take it out all of the time,

Its been a graduating process of appreciation, and experierimenting to find what I like best, and with the help of all the GREAT Head-Fiers, their posts/threads/comments/ suggestions/PMs/ bantering/ quarels/ cat fights/dog fights/sales/purchases/listings/encouragements/and all the everything that goes on here in this community of audio enthusiasts, thru all of the good the bad and the ugly, which I couldn't have done it without, THANKS GANG!

so there is my brick of a rig therapy,

the good thing about it is when I am out and about, I can tune out all of the b.s. around me, and when the kids turn and run away with a terrified look on their face, I can't hear the screams coming out of their mouths, lol,    

Aug 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #6,084 of 7,509
@ANDEROAN

Still can't believe that's your rig, it's a bit ridiculous but if it makes you happy then more power to ya. I'm working on downsizing my portable rig to as small as possible. More to come in the next month or two

Aug 11, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #6,085 of 7,509
lol, yep not exactly portable, but it fits my bill for now, until they develope the audio brain chip, still in its developement stage unfortuneately,

but it sounds freaking fantastic! to bad you can't give it a listen, I would be uber happy to get another Head-Fiers feedback on the sound that I consider awesome! no biggie, as long as it fits my bill!

but it is what I have graduated to, I started with the GS Voyager, and a set of TF10s(traded), which unfortuneatly doesn't do well with BAs, > RE262s(sold), and a TTVJ slim amp/dac(sold), to the EX600s, > ASGs and a C&Cxo2, > EX1000 and a LisaIII(sold) > W4Rs and finally a Lisa3,

and whew, this has been over a couple of year time period, so a gradual buy it, try it, enjoy it, sell it forward, or keep it for a longer haul, and I think that I will be selling off some of it in the next few weeks, I am waiting on some great cables by Ted, and will make some final decisions them? and then settle in and enjoy the listening pleasure of my brick of a rig therapy!

Happy Listening everybody!

Aug 11, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #6,086 of 7,509
Very nice. I'm trying to save up for a Tera Player and call it a day with all this upgrade stuff. Granted the ASG01's have a unique sound signature to them that probably benefits from all you do to the signal path. We talking about Teds headfood? He does some great work. I have a few cables myself.

EDIT: Check the forums for a meetup, i dont remember what section they are in, but I'm sure they'll be one somewhere in the area or in the next state for you to meet up with others and get their opinions.
Quote:
lol, yep not exactly portable, but it fits my bill for now, until they develope the audio brain chip, still in its developement stage unfortuneately,

but it sounds freaking fantastic! to bad you can't give it a listen, I would be uber happy to get another Head-Fiers feedback on the sound that I consider awesome! no biggie, as long as it fits my bill!

but it is what I have graduated to, I started with the GS Voyager, and a set of TF10s(traded), which unfortuneatly doesn't do well with BAs, > RE262s(sold), and a TTVJ slim amp/dac(sold), to the EX600s, > ASGs and a C&Cxo2, > EX1000 and a LisaIII(sold) > W4Rs and finally a Lisa3,

and whew, this has been over a couple of year time period, so a gradual buy it, try it, enjoy it, sell it forward, or keep it for a longer haul, and I think that I will be selling off some of it in the next few weeks, I am waiting on some great cables by Ted, and will make some final decisions them? and then settle in and enjoy the listening pleasure of my brick of a rig therapy!

Happy Listening everybody!

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #6,088 of 7,509
Quote:
well I will share some pics of the rig that I have recently graduated too, iPod Classic 7th gen> CLAS> Lisa3> ZOv1>ASG-1.2s, W4R, or EX1000, all hooked together with a variety of cable wire, 30 pin to USB, and 3.5 minis, there either all silver, all copper, all copper/silver plated, or all copper/gold plated, in a variety of combinations, depending on the IEM that I may be using,

and it is all carried around in an Amzons basic camera case ($6.50) that I modified, I adjusted the belt loop to accomidate the ZO, and melted a hole in the bottom, to get access to the CLAS on/off switch so I don't have to take it out all of the time,

Its been a graduating process of appreciation, and experierimenting to find what I like best, and with the help of all the GREAT Head-Fiers, their posts/threads/comments/ suggestions/PMs/ bantering/ quarels/ cat fights/dog fights/sales/purchases/listings/encouragements/and all the everything that goes on here in this community of audio enthusiasts, thru all of the good the bad and the ugly, which I couldn't have done it without, THANKS GANG!

so there is my brick of a rig therapy,

the good thing about it is when I am out and about, I can tune out all of the b.s. around me, and when the kids turn and run away with a terrified look on their face, I can't hear the screams coming out of their mouths, lol,  

Nice!

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #6,089 of 7,509
Thanks TK^ I'm liking it alot!
Quote:
Can i ask what is the benefit of double amping? Kinda curious

as to double amping? the ZO isn't really an amp? it uses smart vector technology! I know what double amping is, and this is not double amping,  couldn't listen to it if it was YUCK, ugh!

the ZO is an utterly fantastic piece of audio gear, it is to music what mortor is to brick, it holds it all together without covering anything up! and I really realy really really am liking the sound that the ZO puts out, it seems to just enhance what is already there, and what follows it previously really provides a super uber great platform that the ZO can enhance even further, if you've never tried a ZO I highly recomend you throwing one into the mix!

although as of late, and having very recently using the L3 in my portable rig, I do wind up listening for a while before I feel like boosting the sound, I went for 6 hours today without turning the ZO on? but when I did zowies, gets me right back in there for another round, well up until I forgot to recharge the iPod? the weekest link in the gear/battery lineup, but what the ZO does and how the Lisa3 sounds, the effect that the ZO now has is very very minimal, I can hardly notice the cahanges that it has on th music? hhmmm go figure? but either way all I know is that I am in audio bliss!!
tongue.gif
 groovey man, real groovey! 

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #6,090 of 7,509
Quote:
as to double amping? the ZO isn't really an amp? it uses smart vector technology! I know what double amping is, and this is not double amping,  couldn't listen to it if it was YUCK, ugh!

Haha, I've never really looked into the ZO, can you explain what you mean by "smart vector technology" ? *Clueless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back