Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Aug 9, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #6,046 of 7,509
I wonder are there any portable bluetooth devices that could act as a digital transport, so that I can keep my phone wireless, and attach the device to a portable dac/amp, onto headphones.

it seems like audioengine has something similar except its not for portable use.

Aug 9, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #6,047 of 7,509
Bluetooth doesnt send enough data per second to do anything high end like that. Their does exist some other technologies for that though.
Quote:
I wonder are there any portable bluetooth devices that could act as a digital transport, so that I can keep my phone wireless, and attach the device to a portable dac/amp, onto headphones.

it seems like audioengine has something similar except its not for portable use.

Aug 9, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #6,048 of 7,509
Quote:

I just saw this on ebay, not sure if it's what your looking for: http://www.ebay.com/itm/JK-AUDIO-REMOTEAMP-REMOTE-AMP-BLUE-BLUETOOTH-PORTABLE-HEADPHONE-AMPLIFIER-/120887163604?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c256fbad4#ht_2383wt_836

Aug 9, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #6,049 of 7,509
As Gil Scott-Heron (RIP) said, "I'm new here."
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, here's my humble portable (and bedside) kit :- Rockbox'd Classic 5>Fiio LOD>Fiio E7>modded (jfunk's mass loading) HD25s. I also have UE SuperFi 3's but only tend to use those when on-ear 'phones don't suit the situation. Apologies for the terrible quality but taken at a point when I couldn't be arsed digging out my DSLR!

I bought the E7 early this year at a knock-down price before the E17 came out and they all sold at a knock-down price!

It's been very worth it though as it's used amp-only in this set-up, DAC-only in my kitchen set-up (netbook running XBMC Live>E7>70s Pioneer amp>Gale speakers) and DAC/amp on my computer (where it's replaced a Creative Audigy 2 ZS) which is now running Foobar>WASAPI>E7>HD25s. All FLAC files and very wide and eclectic music tastes.

Yup, only the UEs and the HD25s so far! Will be ordering some Mad Dogs at the end of this month, though, with a plan to add a "proper" desktop amp before the end of the year (Matrix M-Stage possibly).

Cheers all
Jamesy (ex-pat Scot living in England)

Aug 9, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #6,050 of 7,509

Erm not quite, what i want is something like a e17 with another digital and wireless input.

Then another matching product, a hard drive with various storage sizes...

So like a ipod into two parts: storage and dac/amp. Heck make the wireless technology universal, and we can carry w/e dac amp combo with a massive lib some where in the back pack.

Aug 9, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #6,052 of 7,509
Quote:

I miss my HD-25's, they were very effective at blocking out external noise, but I found them a bit harsh for prolonged listening, does the modification dampen them down at all ?

Not much TBH - I'd say they sound slightly more "controlled" if anything. It's not night and day but was cheap and fun.

I do have EQ settings on both the iPod and Foobar that calm down treble "spikes" a little though. That makes a huge difference to my ears!

Aug 9, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #6,053 of 7,509
Quote:

Not much TBH - I'd say they sound slightly more "controlled" if anything. It's not night and day but was cheap and fun.

I do have EQ settings on both the iPod and Foobar that calm down treble "spikes" a little though. That makes a huge difference to my ears!

I may go back to the HD-25's, now that I have Equalizer, EQu and EQ10 on my iDevice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back