Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Aug 6, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #6,016 of 7,509
DX100 is a better all around single package solution. It also seems based on DX100 owners reactions and habits, that they feel it is also a better unit as a whole. I think I would agree as well, as I havent heard people saying they will replace their desktop rig with a CLAS, but people with DX100's seem to be getting rid of their home rigs if it's not extremely high end
Quote:
When you say the DX100 is "...still better than the CLAS/ipod/Amp," are you talking about sound quality?  If so, what are the sound quality differences from your listening?  Or, are you talking about form, i.e., the DX100 and an iPod is a considerably smaller "package" so to speak?

Aug 6, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #6,018 of 7,509

My new humble portable setup that I'm quite fond of at the moment.
beyersmile.png
Used mainly at the office.

Beyerdynamic DT1350
Ipod Touch 4g 32GB with Hardcandy case
Ibasso D2+Boa
ALO Copper 22 LOD
ALO White Straps

Aug 6, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #6,019 of 7,509
No, It has it's fair amount of issues. I think the main being that they built onto an established OS and it's not suited them the best. They've done a good job and sound wise, it's amazing. I am not an owner, I only tried the original firmware on it at a Head-Fi Meet. 

Apparently everyone has some similar issues and then some people have weird issues they cant seem to sort out. Overall though, still amazing sound, as I've already said. I think maybe the second generation or in a few months it will be better. I see this as a speed bump and it should all be sorted out when the competition releases their player.
Quote:
Isn't there a whole thread on the DX100 having all sort of issues or all those now fixed?

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #6,020 of 7,509
Quote:
When you say the DX100 is "...still better than the CLAS/ipod/Amp," are you talking about sound quality?  If so, what are the sound quality differences from your listening?  Or, are you talking about form, i.e., the DX100 and an iPod is a considerably smaller "package" so to speak?

Quote:

Speak with kingice10. He owns both the devices and can accurately tell you those differences. Also go to the DX100 thread and post your questions there. Owners will tell you their opinions between the two.

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #6,028 of 7,509
Quote:

That's a great rig. I'm curious, do you use the 6.5 to 3.5 to link your rig up to something else at the office ? 

I use it to hook up my headphones to my Violectric V200 at home, and for just in case I go to a friend's house from work and need to use his amp.

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #6,029 of 7,509
Quote:
Nice picture! Although I am worried abt the strain relief on your HD650's cable. Looked like the cable snapped at that point lol.

Thanks :) It was only done for few secs for this pic. I look after my heads all the time and that moment was prob the worst thing I did to my 650 lol.
There is no prob with the cable by the way :)

Aug 7, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #6,030 of 7,509

Users who are viewing this thread

Back