Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jul 16, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #5,731 of 7,509
Quote:
So a 64GB SDXC works in the fuze???
I'm assuming you have to format to FAT32.

Yeah a bit fiddly. Windows detected it as 32gb at first. I had to install EaseUS partition manager to partition and format a 64gb FAT32 primary partition. Worked perfect after that.

My usb sdhc reader seems to have a 32gb limit as well, adding to the problem. I formatted it whilst it was in the Fuze via usb (+rockbox so that it shows up as mass storage).

Jul 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #5,732 of 7,509
Quote:

Yeah a bit fiddly. Windows detected it as 32gb at first. I had to install EaseUS partition manager to partition and format a 64gb FAT32 primary partition. Worked perfect after that.

My usb sdhc reader seems to have a 32gb limit as well, adding to the problem. I formatted it whilst it was in the Fuze via usb (+rockbox so that it shows up as mass storage).

Thanks, I've heard that might work but never talked to anyone who uses it and has hands on experience, that's why I haven't taken the plunge on a 64GB, but now I'll start looking for one.

Jul 16, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #5,733 of 7,509
I haven't mounted my E11->A867  like maporter did with his A865, because I am paranoid about the cable putting stress on the jacks of the E11 and my A867 and having them wear out prematurely. Maybe I'm just a worrywart, but I like the combo and I want it to last.:smile:

Oh boy, I know what you mean, that FiiO LOD isn't exactly flexible & I too have the same concern. Ideally I'd like a custom made LOD with a side exiting cable, terminating at a 90 deg 3.5mm jack. But I'm unable to find such a beast!

Meanwhile I'm just handling the whole thing with caution!

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #5,734 of 7,509
Quote:

64GB MicroSDXC in the Fuze 
beyersmile.png

I wasn't aware you could use an LOD with Rockbox. 
eek.gif
 Details please?

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #5,735 of 7,509
Quote:
eek.gif
 Details please?

The Fuze has a special build for LOD use.  The iDevices all work with the current build.  I have my Fuze RB'ed, but just use the current build with iems.  Don't know if it's changed for LOD use but used to be a certain build for the line-out.

Cheers!!!

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #5,736 of 7,509
Quote:
Oh boy, I know what you mean, that FiiO LOD isn't exactly flexible & I too have the same concern. Ideally I'd like a custom made LOD with a side exiting cable, terminating at a 90 deg 3.5mm jack. But I'm unable to find such a beast!
Meanwhile I'm just handling the whole thing with caution!

I'm just using mine as my stationary rig, with player and amp not attached....when I am out and about, I just use my Rockboxed Clip Zip, sometimes with my FiiO E6, depending on which headphones I am using that day. 

Jul 17, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #5,737 of 7,509
Quote:

eek.gif
 Details please?

With V1 Fuze it works automatically without any patch. With V2 Fuze (what I have) you need to use a patched build of Rockbox, the patch allows you to switch between headphone out and line out in the settings, needs to be done manually. The patch is somewhere on Rockbox website, I think it's linked in the Fuze's Rockbox wiki page. I didn't know how to patch it myself so I requested someone made a build for me and they did, the link it probably still in the comments on the patch page.

Jul 17, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #5,739 of 7,509
Quote:

I'm just using mine as my stationary rig, with player and amp not attached....when I am out and about, I just use my Rockboxed Clip Zip, sometimes with my FiiO E6, depending on which headphones I am using that day. 

hi! does fiio L6 works as a lod for clip zip too?

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #5,742 of 7,509
Quote:

With V1 Fuze it works automatically without any patch. With V2 Fuze (what I have) you need to use a patched build of Rockbox, the patch allows you to switch between headphone out and line out in the settings, needs to be done manually. The patch is somewhere on Rockbox website, I think it's linked in the Fuze's Rockbox wiki page. I didn't know how to patch it myself so I requested someone made a build for me and they did, the link it probably still in the comments on the patch page.

I don't see why they don't include this patch with the RB download for the Fuze and just add the info to the changelog. I checked out how to apply RB patches and it's a bit above my skill set.

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #5,743 of 7,509
By far one of the Coolest rigs I've seen. I love the whole theme. I have the amp, and would really like to find something like this or the know to to create them. Awesome job. I almost jumped further into this thread, just to catch up. I'm glad I didn't, I would've missed this beautiful setup. I think you could really market this. I would certainly buy a case like this.

I love the whole Steam-punk genre.

Thanks for sharing.
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:
cogsand gears said:

Steam powered rig...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back