Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jul 16, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #5,717 of 7,509

My current budget rig: Sony A865, Fiio E11, Fisher Audio Eterna's with Comply T-200 tips.

Best improvement made to date has been the Comply's, really transformed things for me.

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #5,719 of 7,509
Quote:
What amp is that, is it a CMOY? The outside looks a lot like one I'm thinking of buying, but from a different brand/builder... 
rolleyes.gif

Hello putente,

It's a Xenos OHA-REP.  When I first joined, Xenos was pumping out some portable amps.  Canadian company with great customer service, but no longer around.  I also have his bigger brother the Xenos 3HA.

3HA

Jul 16, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #5,721 of 7,509
DV5SB.jpg

64GB MicroSDXC in the Fuze 
beyersmile.png

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #5,723 of 7,509
Quote:
>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>                           SNIP                  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

64GB MicroSDXC in the Fuze 
beyersmile.png

Nice setup lawrywild.  I'm guessing that is an E11 amp?  If I may ask an E11 owner-  I often see the E11 ported upside down with source on top and vice versa.  What is the deal with that?  Sometimes I see the volume knob on the right and sometimes on the left.  Is that just personal preference or LOD dependent?  Just curious...Thanks

Edit- I just noticed maporter has it the same way, a few posts above.

Cheers!!!

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #5,724 of 7,509
Quote:

Nice setup lawrywild.  I'm guessing that is an E11 amp?  If I may ask an E11 owner-  I often see the E11 ported upside down with source on top and vice versa.  What is the deal with that?  Sometimes I see the volume knob on the right and sometimes on the left.  Is that just personal preference or LOD dependent?  Just curious...Thanks

Cheers!!!

Personal preference really. Main reason for me was that I wanted the power and charge lights to be visible (which are on the opposite side to the Fuze how I have it).

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #5,725 of 7,509
Quote:

Personal preference really. Main reason for me was that I wanted the power and charge lights to be visible (which are on the opposite side to the Fuze how I have it).

If I was going to mount my E11 with a player, I would want those lights visible too. So far, I don't mount it though, I only use it at home with my A867.  

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #5,726 of 7,509

Cheers!!!

My A865 is mounted with two strips of Velcro, it's mounted so that the Velcro didn't obscure the charging lights etc.

Cheers

Mark

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #5,727 of 7,509
Quote:
I often see the E11 ported upside down with source on top and vice versa.  What is the deal with that?  Sometimes I see the volume knob on the right and sometimes on the left.  Is that just personal preference or LOD dependent?  Just curious...Thanks

I have a belt clip attached to mine, as one side of the E11 lifts off for battery replacement. I didn't want the belt clip receiver on that side in case it came unlatched by accident.

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #5,728 of 7,509
Quote:

Quote:
If I was going to mount my E11 with a player, I would want those lights visible too. So far, I don't mount it though, I only use it at home with my A867.  

Quote:
My A865 is mounted with two strips of Velcro, it's mounted so that the Velcro didn't obscure the charging lights etc.
Cheers
Mark

Quote:
I have a belt clip attached to mine, as one side of the E11 lifts off for battery replacement. I didn't want the belt clip receiver on that side in case it came unlatched by accident.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  SNIP <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks very much for the info guys.  Makes perfect sense.  I was starting to believe it had to do with their L9 LOD placement with the amp.  I purchased an L9 months back and can't get it to mount accordingly with any of my portables due to the amps' volume knobs or headphone outs getting in the way (I have older portable amps).  The closest I get is with my Touch and PA2V2, but it's sideways.

Thanks again...

Cheers

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #5,729 of 7,509
I haven't mounted my E11->A867  like maporter did with his A865, because I am paranoid about the cable putting stress on the jacks of the E11 and my A867 and having them wear out prematurely. Maybe I'm just a worrywart, but I like the combo and I want it to last.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back