Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jul 7, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #5,581 of 7,509
457952d5-ad8e-b27f.jpg

457952d5-ad99-8796.jpg

Just picked up a camera case for my IEM's. Should keep them safe when i throw them into a backpack.

Jul 7, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #5,582 of 7,509
Thank you, guys, for warm welcome and replies. Unfortunately I couldn't find specific model (RHA MA350) in my country. I keep looking mainly at IEM because of their portability and better comfort related to sleeping. 
regular_smile%20.gif

I list below availailable IEM for me to buy. From cheapier to more expensive.

I listen to Trance, (Dark) Ambient, Drone, Minimal, Noise and some New Age, so it would be nice if IEM could handle characteristics (crystal clear, uncolored, good lows for dark Lustmord tracks, wide imaging) for this specific genres.

[size=10pt]Sennheiser CX 870[/size]

[size=10pt]Beyerdynamic DTX 101[/size]

[size=10pt]Etymotic HF5[/size]

[size=10pt]Etymotic ER4P-T[/size]

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. 
regular_smile%20.gif

Here are the rha http://www.amazon.co.uk/RHA-MA-350-Aluminium-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B0053R0WWG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341697798&sr=8-1 they have the best costumer service in the world! If you want really good sq there are a lot of things you have to concider like music compression, external amp,.. Pm me if you want more help

Jul 7, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #5,583 of 7,509
Thank you, guys, for warm welcome and replies. Unfortunately I couldn't find specific model (RHA MA350) in my country. I keep looking mainly at IEM because of their portability and better comfort related to sleeping. 
regular_smile%20.gif

I list below availailable IEM for me to buy. From cheapier to more expensive.

I listen to Trance, (Dark) Ambient, Drone, Minimal, Noise and some New Age, so it would be nice if IEM could handle characteristics (crystal clear, uncolored, good lows for dark Lustmord tracks, wide imaging) for this specific genres.

[size=10pt]Sennheiser CX 870[/size]

[size=10pt]Beyerdynamic DTX 101[/size]

[size=10pt]Etymotic HF5[/size]

[size=10pt]Etymotic ER4P-T[/size]

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. 
regular_smile%20.gif

What is your budget? The etymotec er4 will be fine it has great pasive noice insulation, but is quite expensive i'd buy these :) or if you have a big budget, maybe look at the Ultimate Ears TrippleFi 10 or even CIEM's

Jul 7, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #5,585 of 7,509
"Lowepro" is the company name, "Santiago 20" is this specific model. Its nice and solid without being completely solid. Its a soft but rigid case. It also has a pocket meant to store an extra SD card, but i threw an extra set of tips in there instead. I found it at my local Best Buy for about $20 after NYS tax.

Jul 7, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #5,586 of 7,509
Quote:
What is your budget? The etymotec er4 will be fine it has great pasive noice insulation, but is quite expensive i'd buy these
smily_headphones1.gif
or if you have a big budget, maybe look at the Ultimate Ears TrippleFi 10 or even CIEM's

Thanks for your input, William. I am listening to accurate ripped CD's at ALAC. For start I don't want to grab an amp.
Nice that you recommend ER4, but on other threads I read that Etymotic didnt't present bass as good/deep as other brands and could sound flat and analytical, clinical. It's good for my music preferences and don't at the same time. How about other brands in my list: Senn and Beyer?
Thanks in advance, I hope we didn't trash thread so much. :wink:

Jul 7, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #5,587 of 7,509
Quote:
What is your budget? The etymotec er4 will be fine it has great pasive noice insulation, but is quite expensive i'd buy these
smily_headphones1.gif
or if you have a big budget, maybe look at the Ultimate Ears TrippleFi 10 or even CIEM's

Recommending someone goes from ibuds to CIEMS? That's hilarious!

hfflt, There are heaps of options in the sub-$100 range or even sub-$50 range. Take a look at ljokerl's and ClieOS's review threads.

ClieOS - http://www.head-fi.org/t/541204/concise-multi-iem-comparison-rha-ma-350-added-june-23th-2012
ljokerl - http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-245-iems-compared-phonak-pfe-232-added-07-05-12

Cheers,

Jul 7, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #5,588 of 7,509
Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif

Recommending someone goes from ibuds to CIEMS? That's hilarious!

hfflt, There are heaps of options in the sub-$100 range or even sub-$50 range. Take a look at ljokerl's and ClieOS's review threads.

ClieOS - http://www.head-fi.org/t/541204/concise-multi-iem-comparison-rha-ma-350-added-june-23th-2012
ljokerl - http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-245-iems-compared-phonak-pfe-232-added-07-05-12

Cheers,

Those threads are definitely the place to start. Definitely don't go from ibuds straight to customs.

Jul 8, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #5,589 of 7,509

Quote:
Thanks for your input, William. I am listening to accurate ripped CD's at ALAC. For start I don't want to grab an amp.
Nice that you recommend ER4, but on other threads I read that Etymotic didnt't present bass as good/deep as other brands and could sound flat and analytical, clinical. It's good for my music preferences and don't at the same time. How about other brands in my list: Senn and Beyer?

don't spend more than 100$ in first step
your preference in sound signature  will change soon, so buy some under 100$ IEM for beginning.
read this carefully:
http://www.head-fi.org/a/a-hopefully-helpful-headphone-buying-guide-for-newbies-by-boomana

Jul 8, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #5,590 of 7,509

The er4 have a bigger mid focus, because they have balanced armature drivers, yes the sens would be fine but if you want a little bit more bass maybe buy the Sennheiser CX150 these are ~€20 (~$25) i still have these they have nice bass but the bass leaks in the mids somemes but you can't go wrong for ~20 but if you listen to vocals a lot, matbe look at ultimate ears, these have a big mid focus (UE 200 i bought these for my mother to upgrade from her ibuds)
And an amp can make everything sound fuller (Fiio E5) this is a very good amp for $20 it also has a bass boost mode so if you don't like the bass of your iem's this will add 8db to your lows ( other head fi'ers don't kill me if i'm wrong :)) Do you only have an iPod shuffle? And the Klipsch Image S4 would be fine as well, but i feel that the RHA MA-350 kills the klipsch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back