Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jun 20, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #5,386 of 7,509
I solved the finger print magnet problem by pimping my Clip+ with his very own silicon implant / outplant?

You can find them on ebay in a variety of colours. I have a clear one on it's way.

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #5,387 of 7,509
a6937992-c381-eede.jpg
a6937992-c39d-9a44.jpg
a6937992-c3aa-b311.jpg

Some photos of my new toy, the Leckerton UHA-6 mk2.

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #5,389 of 7,509
Quote:
My Clip+ is that glossy and is a fingerprint magnet 
rolleyes.gif

Mine, too!

I keep a few of these around the house, in my camera bag, and with my audio gear:

Fuzzy Fingers Microfiber Duster

It's a very affordable, microfiber dusting mop with a little pocket just large enough to insert two fingers.  This thing is amazing for cleaning laptop screens, LCD displays on cameras, eyeglasses, smartphone screens, and DAP screens!  It will sop up fingerprint oil and dust through many, many uses before you'll feel any need to wash it.  Just drop it into the washing machine with a load of clothing and run it through the dryer, too.  It comes out ready for another few months of use.

I know a lot of photographers cringe when I say this, but I also use one exclusively for cleaning the glass of my camera lenses.  The microfiber tentacles are so flexible and soft that there's very little chance of any dust particles scratching the glass or even the coatings on the glass - as long as you don't press hard - but that's just it - you don't have to press hard with these to clean anything.  

Mike

Jun 21, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #5,395 of 7,509
I'd say 'not quite' is quite the understatement. It's decent, but Manson will just never get that visceral sound back.

Quote:

How are you liking "Born Villain"? It's better than the album before it, but not quite as good as "Antichrist Superstar" or "Golden Age of Grotesque", IMO.

Jun 22, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #5,397 of 7,509
My new toys. As much as I love my iMod with C421 amp and customs, it's not always practical to carry round such a large setup or use headphones that take quite a bit of work to get in and out of your ears, so I invested in an ultraportable setup for use at work and while exercising.

iPod Nano 6G>>FiiO E6 (via FiiO L9)>> Audeo Phonak PFE 122.

Jun 22, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #5,398 of 7,509
My new toys. As much as I love my iMod with C421 amp and customs, it's not practical to carry round such a large setup or use headphones that take quite a bit of work to get in and out of your ears, so I invested in an ultraportable setup for use at work and while exercising.

iPod Nano 6G>>FiiO E6 (via FiiO L9)>> Audeo Phonak PFE 122.

Nice! Now that is portable!
Looking for an amp to go with my sands clip+, how's the fiio sound. Ive never had 1 before and I'm sort of in the camp that how can something so cheap give better fidelity?

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #5,399 of 7,509
Quote:
Looking for an amp to go with my sands clip+, how's the fiio sound. Ive never had 1 before and I'm sort of in the camp that how can something so cheap give better fidelity?

It only got delivered a few hours ago so I haven't had a chance to do any really critical listening or A-B tests yet, but the brief time I've spent with it has been quite impressive. Very neutral sounding, at least it seems to be compared to my larger rig which errs on the warmer side, which makes a pleasant change. Definitely worth the £18 I paid for it!

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #5,400 of 7,509
Quote:

The E6 works nicely. Just put your clip volume at about 90% and control your volume with the E6. If you leave the E6 on the flat setting it doesn't color the sound at all, just adds power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back