Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
May 13, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #5,012 of 7,509
May 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #5,014 of 7,509
May 13, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #5,015 of 7,509
Quote:
Picked up a pair of the new Philips Uptowns today to try 'em out. So far I'm very intrigued. 
smily_headphones1.gif

How do the uptowns sound?

May 13, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #5,016 of 7,509
Quote:
How do the uptowns sound?

Preliminary impressions, so don't take my word for it. Seems to me a mild v-shape sound signature, but not to the point where the mids are totally recessed which I would hate. Actually, the thing that's standing out to me the most is soundstage/imaging, believe it or not (in a good way).

May 13, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #5,017 of 7,509
Quote:

.Actually, the thing that's standing out to me the most is soundstage/imaging, believe it or not (in a good way).

This is exactly what impressed me by the RB'd ipod video in comparison to my iPhone 4s.

May 13, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #5,018 of 7,509
This is what it's all about portable gear. My cased ipod 5G/120GB is clipped to my pocket wherever I go. Unplug the phone to stop the music and plug back to resume automatically. You know how good the vol adjustment using the click wheel.
normal_smile%20.gif

May 14, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #5,022 of 7,509
anyone care to recommend what I should do about my UE TF10?  I'm kinda getting fed up with the cables and the comply foam tips are getting worn out.  I was thinking about getting Null Audio or Chris_himself silver cables for around $100 and a reshell at either Kozee ($125) or Unique Melody ($170--really cool custom colors).  Which of these 4 possible changes should be my priority?  Cold I live with the stock cables if I did the UM or Kozee reshell first? 

May 14, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #5,023 of 7,509
Reshelling is the first order of business. If money is tight, get a Westone cable for now and then upgrade to a Chris_Himself cable. The Westone is probably the best $40 cable you can buy, no joke. I would not recommend using the stock cable with reshelled TF10s (nor would I recommend using it at all).

May 14, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #5,024 of 7,509
Quote:
Reshelling is the first order of business. If money is tight, get a Westone cable for now and then upgrade to a Chris_Himself cable. The Westone is probably the best $40 cable you can buy, no joke. I would not recommend using the stock cable with reshelled TF10s (nor would I recommend using it at all).

I disagree.  Reshelling is expensive and doesn't always work.  I find the easiest and cheapest way to change the fit and sound quality of any IEM is to change the tips.  MEElectronics tips for their M6 earphones will also fit the TF10.  You can get a set of six for $5.99. http://www.meelec.com/category_s/379.htm

May 14, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #5,025 of 7,509
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I disagree.  Reshelling is expensive and doesn't always work.  I find the easiest and cheapest way to change the fit and sound quality of any IEM is to change the tips.  MEElectronics tips for their M6 earphones will also fit the TF10.  You can get a set of six for $5.99. http://www.meelec.com/category_s/379.htm

these look amazingly cool.... -_- 

before I started actually looking at reshelling, I thought they came with upgraded cables and was simply to create a better fit for people who were having issues with the awkward TF10 fitment.

I've never really had an issue with the fitment of the TF10.....  Is it common to have to resend the molds back several times to get the fitment right?  I'm guessing if the fit isn't perfect, it's all in vain due to leakage of sound (in).

aside from looks...........what's the real benefit for a reshell?  Are they a firm jelly-like material?  do they seal out the noise better than Comply tips?  Comply tips help with bass...does it further "improve" on the bass?  I saw that some people added a 4th driver to the TF10.  To me the TF10 are pretty perfect...what does the 4th driver improve on?  :O

Thanks for the advice, sirs :) 

would you recommend Chris himself cables or Null Audio Lune cables?  I heard chris himself are "silver core" which won't be as durable?  That's what I heard from a different seller--could be biased. 

I'll look into the Westones for sure--so they're Westone branded, but made for TF10...  I also saw quite a few around $40-50 silver "OCC" TF10 cables on ebay..  I doubt I'll go with those

Users who are viewing this thread

Back