Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Apr 28, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #4,817 of 7,509

Quote:

Neutron player?  better than power amp?

Neutron MP sounds exactly the same as any other non-broken player with regular 44/16 audio files. The limiting factor is usually the hardware, which can be as good as a dedicated audio player (Cowon D3/Z2, SPG 7.7, etc.)  or slightly crappy (Archos Gen8/9, some Samsungs without Voodoo patch, etc). What Neutron does better than other players is resampling stuff to 44.1kHz - Android has that nasty limitation of resampling everything to 44.1 anyways, and it uses linear interpolation for that. Neutron uses a more advanced algorithm - but in the end, if you stick to normal files, you're much better off with another player - since Neutron is a memory/CPU hog, has a horrible interface, and using 24/96 files on a portable player that resamples them anyways is just silly.

Apr 28, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #4,818 of 7,509
78284777945823698072.jpg

Apr 28, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #4,825 of 7,509

Quote:

Very nice, I'd love one of them, or better yet a Vibe Vault, for my 80GB iPod 5.5G, but the former would cost me £50 after shipping and the latter are almost impossible to find :\

Hmm yeah the YoTank is good, extremely tough, although very heavy - I don't think I could break it if I tried! 
I've seen the vibe vault before, looks good, probably a good option if you want good protection while not being as heavy as the yotank.

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #4,830 of 7,509

5th gen DIYmod ipod Video with internal Elna Cerafine caps + 128gb CF card > DIY low profile Toxic Cables Silver LOD > TTVJ Slim > TC Silver DIY IEM cable > TF 10.

Seriously nice looking TF10 cable and LOD.

How do you find not having memory wire around the ears? I have a new Whiplash Twag V2 and I think that it would be nicer with something to hold it tighter behind my ears. As it is, I need to use the wooden choke to help secure the wire routing.

I could just have the wires sit out forward from my JH's but I guess that having the wire go behind the ears provides a slight strain relief from the connectors just in case I catch the wire on something while moving about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back