Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Apr 22, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #4,711 of 7,509

Quote:
I agree... cables can make a difference, but not to such a degree that one can neglect the 2 main components... the source and the headphones themselves. 

How about aftermarket iem cables, like the silver dragons, etc...do those make much of a difference? Just curious, obviously on the wrong forum...

Apr 22, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #4,712 of 7,509

Quote:

How about aftermarket iem cables, like the silver dragons, etc...do those make much of a difference? Just curious, obviously on the wrong forum...

Take a look at the IEM Cable thread in my sig. Should help you learn about what brands offer cables and a few links to reviews of them. Cables are always a point of issue on the forums. I'm in favor of cables affecting quality/sound, others may say otherwise. Their definitely can be something said for different companies having different build quality, so even if you dont think a cable sounds different to you, pricing may be worth it based on how long it will last and things like that. Good Luck, I'm thinking of picking up a Moon Audio SD V1 IEM Cable or Chris_Himself Silver Ray Cable. both have some good reviews

Apr 22, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #4,713 of 7,509
I've never tried "high end iem" cables.  My source I'm drawing from are cables that I build.  Going from stock to Mogami often yields a minimal (if any improvement).  Going to something like Toxic Cables gives me a bit more. I've yet to try (and most likely will never try) the higher multi-hundred dollar cables.  I'm very satisfied with the changes that my TF10 received going from stock->Mogami->Furutech->Toxic Cables (my current cable).  If anything, I'll try Toxic Cable's Silver Cable.. but that' where my cable adventures will end for the TF10.
Quote:

Apr 23, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #4,714 of 7,509

Quote:

Take a look at the IEM Cable thread in my sig. Should help you learn about what brands offer cables and a few links to reviews of them. Cables are always a point of issue on the forums. I'm in favor of cables affecting quality/sound, others may say otherwise. Their definitely can be something said for different companies having different build quality, so even if you dont think a cable sounds different to you, pricing may be worth it based on how long it will last and things like that. Good Luck, I'm thinking of picking up a Moon Audio SD V1 IEM Cable or Chris_Himself Silver Ray Cable. both have some good reviews

Will definitely check out that thread - I don't need them now, but I was wondering if there's sort of a split between people who think they make a significant difference (enough to warrant the expenditure) the way there seems to be with LODs, as in more 'snake oil.'  

Apr 23, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #4,716 of 7,509

Quote:

I swapped out the stock Westone cable for a Silver Dragon on my ES5's. There is a very slight improvement single ended but it wins out for me because I have mine balanced for use with my PB-2 amp and this really does improve SQ.

Apr 23, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #4,717 of 7,509
Sorry for bad quality. :p
930287-H6DNYF9.png

Clip Zip 4gb (16gb microSD on the way) + JVC HA-FX1X

My friend has my ATH-M50s and I have an ATH-M50s/LE on the way.

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #4,718 of 7,509

Quote:
I think the case reduced dynamics out of the iPod. Just drop it with and without the case a few times and compare. The sound is so much crispier without the case. With the case on, there might be a tad more low mid and bass but at the expense of the expensive soundstage and the breath takening wow factor.

Lol'ed.

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #4,719 of 7,509

The rig.
I have some Klipsch S4s, but thinking about dropping some moolah on TF10s.

Apr 23, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #4,721 of 7,509
Apr 23, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #4,723 of 7,509
Yes its a nexus, and yes it needs an amp lol. For the $35 i payed for the E6, its easily 10x better

Apr 23, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #4,724 of 7,509

J3 -> JH5 

Compact yet great sounding rig!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back