Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Apr 7, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #4,458 of 7,509

Quote:
Its not printed on the back? I had a black one that looked similar...seconded on the NWZ...might be an A729...

Quote:
Well, I was just checking the color versions and availability and A729 is only black but the discontinued A728 is white. So, right now it seems that it's either NWZ-A728 or NWZ-A820

edit: Actually, the A820 has a bluetooth icon image in the lower right corner, so unless it got scratched or something the model in the pic is A728

Quote:
^^^ Sony Walkman NWZ-A826 or might be A820  - it's a little bit hard to tell as the pic isn't very detailed

Thanks for the reply's. 

I picked this Walkman up cheap on ebay. it's the only picture I have, I can't see the back.

I might shoot the seller the question and ask them. I got it for next to nothing anyway.

Apr 7, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #4,459 of 7,509
Here is what I've been using lately as my portable.  Nothing fancy but it does the job. (sorry for the focus, angle, and general crapitude of the picture, I was just playing around with my macro settings)

Apr 8, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #4,460 of 7,509
My portable setup is finally at an end state for the forseeable future.  (till the next DX100 revision with 20hours battery life? :) )

iBasso DX100 + 1964 ears Quad

Apr 8, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #4,462 of 7,509
that looks like a dream, the only thing i dont like (to be really picky haha) is the plug on the customs, looks like its from something really old. but that said, i reckon this would be my settup if the banks allowed
Quote:
My portable setup is finally at an end state for the forseeable future.  (till the next DX100 revision with 20hours battery life? :) )

Apr 8, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #4,463 of 7,509

Quote:

How are the quads? I'm thinking of CIEMs later this year and would love to hear your impressions...nice pairing - like a bottle of Opus One with a brick-sized filet mignon...

Apr 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #4,464 of 7,509

Quote:
Here is what I've been using lately as my portable.  Nothing fancy but it does the job. (sorry for the focus, angle, and general crapitude of the picture, I was just playing around with my macro settings)

For what it is, I'm sure that.. Nano ( ? ) does a great job. I'm not sure I could ever enjoy a PMP with out a screen, though.

Apr 8, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #4,465 of 7,509

Quote:
For what it is, I'm sure that.. Nano ( ? ) does a great job. I'm not sure I could ever enjoy a PMP with out a screen, though.

That's the very awesome and capable 
wink.gif
 1st generation iPod Shuffle.

Apr 8, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #4,467 of 7,509
Are those face plates printed carbon fiber or actual carbon fiber? 

Quote:

Apr 9, 2012 at 4:57 AM Post #4,468 of 7,509

Quote:
How are the quads? I'm thinking of CIEMs later this year and would love to hear your impressions...nice pairing - like a bottle of Opus One with a brick-sized filet mignon...

They sounds great, I have no complaint.   They are way ahead of my other portable headphone/IEM and I have quite a few.  Money well spent.  At the time I got them, there are really no other low budget custom around unlike today so I do not know how it stands up against those from other company but I think if you are thinking about getting customs, just go for it.   SQ aside, the ease of putting them in and getting a quality seal alone is worth it. I was so tired of messing around different foams etc and constant adjusting to make sure you get a seal etc and losing the seal the second you move a muscle.  Opening your mouth wide option and twisting your iem just look stupid to me now.

Quote:
Are those face plates printed carbon fiber or actual carbon fiber? 

Heh, I see from 1964's site that they have a "printed carbon fiber" and an "authenticate carbon fiber" options....  When I got these there weren't a choice. It was large/small carbon plate and in all communication, it was "carbon plate" so I am sure its real, plus,  there are real texture on it (3D).  It looks pretty good from the side since it is not just flat.

This is what they wrote on their facebook page for my custom

"Carbon Fiber on Purple Translucent"

Apr 9, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #4,469 of 7,509
definitely a nice form factor...i'm dying to pull the trigger on customs, but my conscience is telling me to wait until after my wedding...not sure if I can wait.

Apr 9, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #4,470 of 7,509

Quote:
definitely a nice form factor...i'm dying to pull the trigger on customs, but my conscience is telling me to wait until after my wedding...not sure if I can wait.

Not sure if your wife would justify that purchase, when she has control over your finances and well, everything 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back