Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Feb 14, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #3,721 of 7,509
Slight upgrade to what I had posted 4 threads ago!

Happy valentines headfi. If you noticed I tried to make a heart haha.

diyMod (240gb) -> RSA P-51 Mustang -> JH16s. Waiting on a chris_himself aftermarket cable too!

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #3,724 of 7,509
Bad picture quality here (godforsaken evo takes pictures in 3d but can't take a proper photo in 2d). iPod 4g, Headstage Arrow 4g, UM Miracles and low profile lod with silver cable (forget which one exactly). Used poster strips to secure the two.The amp sits almost flush with the iPod, so it's very portable. It's my new baby :D w00t!

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #3,725 of 7,509
That is pretty slick in the way the ipod and arrow match size so nicely.  The use of tape and absence of bands completes the look.  Nice.

My rig is all over the place in size and shape since I am using ipod160gb>CLAS>iBasso Pb2 so I can especially admire something that looks less like a terrorists bomb,  
popcorn.gif

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #3,726 of 7,509

Prior to this, I had been using a Just Audio uha-120 amp with the ipod. While not as sleek as the Arrow, the combo still had a pretty small footprint. The Arrow sounds pretty much as good as the uha-120, so I'm thinking about selling that one. The new combo is definitely more pocketable.

The Arrow setup has a couple of kinks that I need to iron out, though, Because the LOD curves around the edge of the amp, it partially blocks access to the headphone port. I have to move it away from the amp a bit to let the headphones in. After that, there's ample room. Also, the volume control gets a little inhibited, but placing the amp further back on the iPod solves that problem.

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #3,727 of 7,509

Quote:

will its screen is cracked. the cables socket is cracked  too
the player is nearly broke in half. the scroller sticks when I try to roll it some times.
the battery is nearly dead.

the biggest problem is I have this habit that when I wanna listen to music i have to walk around (it's broke & it make it hard to use during walking ) & the player is broke & I can't find any decent replacement for fuze & I don't like any available player in the market so far now I'm just hanging on to it. see ho it will go. i just hope it won't totally die on me.
the only solution I have for now is to grab it hard in my fist

I picked up a refurbished Fuze on Amazon for a little under $50 a few months ago. Definitely a hard player to beat for the price (and Rockbox compatibility) 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #3,730 of 7,509

Quote:
Would a Sansa Fuze with a Fiio E6 and an LOD sound better then a Clip Zip with a standard audio jack connector ( Not LOD ) and Fiio E6?

I am a serious bass head if that helps.

In some cases, I actually prefer amping the headphone-out from the Fuze and foregoing the LOD altogether. It makes very little difference, to my ears. YMMV.

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #3,735 of 7,509
just a thought: but if it doesnt make too much difference in sound, what about in physical size? I can see it is a pretty small rig, but using an LOD with my ipod was just a lot more pocket friendly then a 3.5mm

my $0.02

Quote:
Thanks very much. I think I will save some money by passing theL9 LOD.
I appreciate your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back