Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jan 21, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #3,361 of 7,509

Quote:

I really like the look of this. Mind telling us all that's going on there?

Sure. A CLAS sits in the middle with an SR71A on the bottom of the sandwich. To the side sits a Pico Slim. In the back is a braided mini to mini made by user Mad Max. The Ipod to usb connection is a cheapo retractable that can be found on ebay. I broke off the plastic piece that allowed the cable to be retracted and was left with a very short ipod to usb that I believe most closely approximates the rugged, uniformly-colored look of the setup. I have custom ipod to usb's that I throw in every once in a while to change the look. I usually use the CLAS bands that came with the Solo but a couple of girls working for the SWAGG app came and offered me the green band that now sits on top. I usually use this setup with ES5's and UM Miracles but once in a while throw in some of my other universals (mostly CK10/SM3). The transportable variant of this rig includes a 15 volt Stepdance and Energizer XP8000. Will post another pic that shows the back connector and Stepdance.

Eric

Jan 21, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #3,362 of 7,509
Transportable rig: 

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #3,363 of 7,509
Quote:
Transportable rig: 

How was your Starbucks?
wink.gif

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #3,364 of 7,509
Jan 21, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #3,366 of 7,509
some of ya'll better watch out.. you're gonna be sitting there jamming out with your IEM's in, tapping away on your phone or player, the entire table covered with boxes, cables, battery packs, and everything rubberbanded together, and the next thing you know some dude in a flak jacket is gonna tackle you to the ground and throw your rig into a cement lined robot. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #3,367 of 7,509
Tell me about it. Have yet to find someone angry with the table-consuming setup, but it almost invariably grabs onlooking attention. This always followed by the question "what in the world is that?" "oh yeah, so it plays like louder and stuff" "I gotta a $29.85 speaker that does that too". 

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #3,373 of 7,509
Im liking them a lot so far, just as much as my GR07s, and I love my GR07s =)

@Adrian theyre pretty bassy but not overly so imo; its pretty well controlled. For reference they can thump harder than the GR07 but not as much as the FX500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back