Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jan 6, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #3,167 of 7,509

Quote:
How are the coppers with the E7? Did it benefit by a lot?

They can be driven OK from the iPod, but with the E7 the benefit are really in controlling the sound (clearer/more refined output) and adding the EQ adjustments. I would say that they do need an amp to shine and that the E7 works well for this.

Jan 6, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #3,168 of 7,509
I want a pair of these so bad...I think they'd be my end all portable. Well, the ESW10, but I'd be happy with either.

Quote:
My current preferred portable rig:

S:Flo2, D2+ & ES10

I'd like to upgrade again soon. Depending on what the iBasso DX100 is going to cost I will either replace the S:Flo2 & D2+ with the DX100, or replace the D2+.

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #3,169 of 7,509
Thanks for the really helpful comments on all of your amps. I agree that the Continental was unfairly picked on when it first came out. I like the sound but agree that the V1 is not suited to iems. The v2 is still tempting after I get the rx3. Actually I am hoping the rx3 will be the end of my portable journey....but surely I am deluded. 

I really like the rx2 also. It took ages though to burn in. Well over 100hours IMO. 

Jan 7, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #3,170 of 7,509
Quote:
That is the question I am trying to answer by creating a crazy monster stack.  I clipped something from another thread where we were discussing why I strapped all this gear together....

--------

Reality is that I'll keep a few of them.  If I want a transportable rig that I set up in a hotel or at an office I'm likely to grab the SR-71B or Continental and bring along some full sized cans.  If I am traveling I'd likely want something more versatile like the MkII so I can listen to IEM's while on the move/plane and still drive whatever I need when I get to where I am going.  

Very useful comments. Thanks for sharing!

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #3,171 of 7,509
Ipod touch 2g< FIIO L3 line out< fiio e6 < grado sr 225i. Love it :)
44378f5a-7ad6-c6d6.jpg

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #3,174 of 7,509

Sorry that its upside down. Don't know why it's doing that...

Here's what i plan to do with those same two units.

Headphones
[
[
FiiO e6
[
(small male2male with no cable adapter)
]
iPod shuffle 4 gen

Now i need a fancy case it can go in. 
smile.gif

Any ideas?

Jan 7, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #3,176 of 7,509
you'd be much better off making/buying a short mini to mini so that you could bend it around and stack the player on the amp.  Otherwise you are bound to put tons of stress on the jacks of your player and amp, not to mention making things awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back