Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Sep 4, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #1,246 of 7,509

Quote:

Nice work!  That amp looks pretty sweet and I'm sure it sounds just as sweet.
biggrin.gif
  All these DIY projects makes me wish I took all those lessons from basic and advanced electronics more seriously.

thanks, Its pretty sweet actually, its nice to hear the difference from what I used to hear.  :D and regarding the lessons, i dont have any, if Physics in my college years will be included? I failed a lot of times on that subject.  :D

Sep 5, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #1,254 of 7,509
Here is my portable / bed rig. I also use my HE-6 with it. It's a Whiplash Audio "CF WhipMOD" with a whiplash audio Reference LOD to my Ray Samuels SR-71B and then to balanced HE-300 or my HE-6.

Sep 6, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #1,260 of 7,509
My neighbor was going to throw away those XD200 because one side wasn't working anymore. Turns out it was only the cable, not the driver. So I recabled and cleaned them... and I'm quite surprised how good those really crappy built and awfully plasticky $20 cans sound. They might not be exactly as good as the K518, but they're better than most other sub-$50 cans I heard so far. With a less creaky cheapo housing they could be sold for twice or triple their price, and nobody would complain. With their 70 Ohm they sure benefit a bit from amping as well. And they're really comfy too.

37148278514505936285.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back