Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Sep 3, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #1,232 of 7,509

Quote:

My new toy from a local IT show today.
Ultra satisfied with how it sounds outta the box. Can't wait to hear how it sounds after 100 hours.
biggrin.gif

very nice. didn't know Comex carried these.

Sep 3, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #1,233 of 7,509

Quote:

very nice. didn't know Comex carried these.

I didn't know till I came down from level 4 to level 3. Happen to see Sony's section and just walked in to see if there was anything interesting. To my surprise, I saw the EX-1000 going for only S$639, which was a whole S$160 off the usual price. Couldn't resist the temptation in the end and got them. Been eyeing them for a while but couldn't justify paying RRP for them so it's much welcomed at that pricing.

Sep 4, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #1,236 of 7,509

Quote:
my diy amp:

cable:
<snip>
and rig
<snip>

Nice work!  That amp looks pretty sweet and I'm sure it sounds just as sweet.
biggrin.gif
  All these DIY projects makes me wish I took all those lessons from basic and advanced electronics more seriously.

Sep 4, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #1,237 of 7,509
A very pleasurable listening experience....and no EQ required.

Sep 4, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #1,238 of 7,509

Quote:
Nice work!  That amp looks pretty sweet and I'm sure it sounds just as sweet.
biggrin.gif
  All these DIY projects makes me wish I took all those lessons from basic and advanced electronics more seriously.

I took none and still manage to build me a cmoy, yay me!

Quote:
A very pleasurable listening experience....and no EQ required.

Nice, I gave almost the same rig to my gf (but with the clip +) and it is a pleasurable listening experience indeed.

Sep 4, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #1,239 of 7,509

Quote:

I took none and still manage to build me a cmoy, yay me!

Nice, I gave almost the same rig to my gf (but with the clip +) and it is a pleasurable listening experience indeed.

Next time I buy headphones, which will be a while because my job sucks, I definitely want to try something higher up the line from AT. These sub-$50 ones sound quite good!

Sep 4, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #1,241 of 7,509

Quote:
I have the Desire. Which music player are you using on yours and how do you find Dolby mobile?

Cheers

I am currently using the default music player, I've tested few other players too, and my choice is PowerAMP. That'll be the one I will purchase. I use the Dolby Mobile or srs wow HD, only while watching movies etc. but never with music. I guess it is useful, but i rarely use it tho.

Sep 4, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #1,242 of 7,509
Quote:
Nice, did they come with the hybrid silicone foam tips ? I have the MDR-EX310 - if they are anything to go by your MDR-EX1000 should sound amazing.

Yeap, 3 pairs of hybrid silicone foam tips. They do the job of isolation for me.

The EX-1000 does sound amazing. I'm mightily impressed by Sony this time round.

Sep 4, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #1,244 of 7,509

Quote:

Nice, did they come with the hybrid silicone foam tips ? I have the MDR-EX310 - if they are anything to go by your MDR-EX1000 should sound amazing.

my ex300 and ex1000 are 2 different worlds.  my ex300s are my first expensive purchase ($80 when they came out) and i will always keep them, i like something about them.  But if you are thinking they sound the same because they are sony, in my opinion they don't.  ex1000 has a wide open sound stage that you can't really pinpoint.  ex300s are fun, ex1000s are amazing. 

...completely different sounds coming out of these 2 iems.  you wouldn't guess they were the same manufacturer.

i added my ex1000s with my practical devices xm6 amp , and i think i said "wholey ****" atleast 10 times in past 2 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back