Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Aug 18, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #1,006 of 7,509

Quote:
Or we could keep not posting pics. That's cool too.

On Topic: Here's my portable rig. It's broken into pieces so I can sell them all... ;~;

frown.gif
 Why are you selling them?  Did they not meet your expectations?
frown.gif

Aug 18, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #1,007 of 7,509
No no no. I loved them. Awesome awesome headphones and amp. The iPod is an iPod...not much to say about it.

It's a little hard to explain why I'm selling them. The best way to put it would be I don't trust myself to not want to upgrade them later...so I'm learning to appreciate music again with less.

Does that make sense? I've spent all this money buying better and better gear but it just feels like the music got lost in it. I just want to enjoy my music again and start at the bottom of the ladder (so to speak) of headphone gear so I can approach it without losing the music in all the gear.

Quote:
frown.gif
 Why are you selling them?  Did they not meet your expectations?
frown.gif

Aug 18, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #1,008 of 7,509

Quote:
No no no. I loved them. Awesome awesome headphones and amp. The iPod is an iPod...not much to say about it.

It's a little hard to explain why I'm selling them. The best way to put it would be I don't trust myself to not want to upgrade them later...so I'm learning to appreciate music again with less.

Does that make sense? I've spent all this money buying better and better gear but it just feels like the music got lost in it. I just want to enjoy my music again and start at the bottom of the ladder (so to speak) of headphone gear so I can approach it without losing the music in all the gear.

i did that.. its amazing.. first i sold my entire thunderpants rig thinking the jh3a was right around the corner, leaving me with some earbuds some klipsch s4's, and some sennheiser mx980's

then i sold the s4's

then i stopped using the 980's and the px100's

all I had left was some free sony earbuds.. i eq'd the HELL out of them and they actually sounded amazng for free earbuds, but boy, when those LCD'2's came in the mail.. what a treat that was!!!

Aug 19, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #1,009 of 7,509
I'm honestly not sure I will do the high end of this hobby again for a very long time. My days of a (kind of) endless budget are over, and I fear I'd lose the love for the music again. I think I'm going to try and find that line when diminishing returns really starts to kick in and then stop right on it.

My HE 500s were great...but I'm not sure if I'd ever pay a grand for a pair of headphones again.

Quote:
i did that.. its amazing.. first i sold my entire thunderpants rig thinking the jh3a was right around the corner, leaving me with some earbuds some klipsch s4's, and some sennheiser mx980's

then i sold the s4's

then i stopped using the 980's and the px100's

all I had left was some free sony earbuds.. i eq'd the HELL out of them and they actually sounded amazng for free earbuds, but boy, when those LCD'2's came in the mail.. what a treat that was!!!

Aug 19, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #1,010 of 7,509

Quote:
I'm honestly not sure I will do the high end of this hobby again for a very long time. My days of a (kind of) endless budget are over, and I fear I'd lose the love for the music again. I think I'm going to try and find that line when diminishing returns really starts to kick in and then stop right on it.

My HE 500s were great...but I'm not sure if I'd ever pay a grand for a pair of headphones again.

ive found that if all you have is a $40 pair of IEM's for long enough, you start to forget just how good everything else sounded... i remember days with my klipsch s4's saying to myself.. wow.. did it really ever get any better than this?  problem is.. it did.. A LOT!!! :wink:

Aug 19, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #1,011 of 7,509
Not sure if I'll forget the HE 500 or the D7000...but I have a feeling I'll find myself thinking 'Was that difference really worth 'X' Dollars and going from there.

Quote:

ive found that if all you have is a $40 pair of IEM's for long enough, you start to forget just how good everything else sounded... i remember days with my klipsch s4's saying to myself.. wow.. did it really ever get any better than this?  problem is.. it did.. A LOT!!! :wink:

Aug 19, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #1,012 of 7,509
Less yappin, more snappin!
I call this one, "The Lounge-er"

Aug 19, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #1,014 of 7,509
I call this one;
"That's WOOD in my pocket!"

Aug 19, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #1,015 of 7,509
This is the same reason Im selling my Ultrasones. Im starting to buy stuff just to buy stuff. And collecting headphones just to listen to their sound signature, not even the music. How wack is that. :/

Quote:

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #1,016 of 7,509

Quote:
This is the same reason Im selling my Ultrasones. Im starting to buy stuff just to buy stuff. And collecting headphones just to listen to their sound signature, not even the music. How wack is that. :/

i don't think that's wack at all. After listening to a lot of different headphones you kind of find the sound signature that you like. From there, your preferences in music may change. We're all audiophiles in that we all pursue what we love in audio in different ways, so to buy headphones to listen to their signature, that really isn't that bad. You'll probably find what sound signature you like and you'll most likely change your music to fit that headphone

Aug 19, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #1,017 of 7,509

Quote:

i don't think that's wack at all. After listening to a lot of different headphones you kind of find the sound signature that you like. From there, your preferences in music may change. We're all audiophiles in that we all pursue what we love in audio in different ways, so to buy headphones to listen to their signature, that really isn't that bad. You'll probably find what sound signature you like and you'll most likely change your music to fit that headphone

Shouldn't it be the other way around? You buy equipment that will make the music you love sound better. So shouldn't your equipment be evolved around what you like to listen to?

I love rock. Hence i always try to go towards headphones that are treble/mids happy, a la grados, DBA-02/ER4S. ^^ Just my thoughts..

Aug 19, 2011 at 4:28 AM Post #1,018 of 7,509

Quote:

Shouldn't it be the other way around? You buy equipment that will make the music you love sound better. So shouldn't your equipment be evolved around what you like to listen to?

I love rock. Hence i always try to go towards headphones that are treble/mids happy, a la grados, DBA-02/ER4S. ^^ Just my thoughts..

haha, that's what i thought in the beginning, but that quickly changed. I got Ultrasone Pro 900s for trance/house music, and for some reason I feeling different about the genres I listen to. I'm moving towards Indie music now, and I'm trying our different genres. In my opinion, headphones have the ability to bring you out of your comfort zone and therefore, make you experiment with different genres. I think that depending on the headphone you get, it'll influence your decision when it comes to music you like. Certain genres will sound more appealing, and maybe others will sound less appealing. Everyone reacts to new headphones in different ways, I'm just one of those people who experiment with different genres when I get a new set of headphones.

Aug 19, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #1,019 of 7,509
Fair enough :) i still love music more than my equipment, so music stays. Equipment revolves around it.

Aug 19, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #1,020 of 7,509
Quote:

Some of us are spending a long time at the bottom of the ladder
frown.gif

hahaha
new job hopefully means i can soon upgrade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back