Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jun 15, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #376 of 7,509

Quote:
a question from a noob, who does not yet carry around a brick to listen to music:

Is it worth it?
And does it attract stares? 

No
No
I used to use an iriver h140 (160gb flac) with an ibasso db2 + pb2 and jh13 but I found it provided very little improvement over an unamped sansa fuze.
I also hated the issues with charging everything, weight and size, it just felt really pointless and I now use a sansa fuze with V0 MP3.
I have also tried a solo and sr71b and found the same.

Jun 15, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #378 of 7,509
Just bought a complete rig...

iPod, Solo, mk2, TWAG Silver Upgraded Cables. If you're gonna do it, do it big, I suppose. lol (Out of pocket, 1045 total)

We'll see how I feel about dropping my DAC money when it gets here and I hear it, but I'm excited. 

Oh, and I think I'll go ahead and get the bag specific to this rig and just run the umbilical cord to my iPhone 4 and keep the iPod as a back up. Now I just need to get a short HE 500 cable. :D

I can feel the Head-Fi Placebo Effect kicking in already. 
wink.gif

Oh, and how long are yourheadphone & iPod cables in that bag picture?

Jun 15, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #380 of 7,509
Well, that just goes to show we all hear differently.
I have the clip+ RBed with all FLAC and can hear an improvement between it and the CLAS with ALAC. Plus there is no way the Clip/Fuze can drive the HE-500 or the LCD-2 for around the house.

But I do love the convenience of the clip and my IEM's when I am in a minimalist mood.

Jun 15, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #381 of 7,509

Quote:
Well, that just goes to show we all hear differently.
I have the clip+ RBed with all FLAC and can hear an improvement between it and the CLAS with ALAC. Plus there is no way the Clip/Fuze can drive the HE-500 or the LCD-2 for around the house.

But I do love the convenience of the clip and my IEM's when I am in a minimalist mood.

True, but I was using jh13s.

Jun 15, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #382 of 7,509
@Spud

I would get rid of the brick and get a good iem that is sensitive. It would be a better upgrade.  CLAS is not worth it from the looks and the price of it.

Jun 15, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #383 of 7,509

Quote:
@Spud

I would get rid of the brick and get a good iem that is sensitive. It would be a better upgrade.  CLAS is not worth it from the looks and the price of it.

Listen buddy I don't know how many times I have to reasure you. Ain't no shame in not being able to afford one, you enjoy what you can and save your pocket money until you can afford something better than what you have 
wink_face.gif

We all got to start somewhere, no point bein' sore about it....
rolleyes.gif

Jun 16, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #385 of 7,509
@ james93, the pic is plain Sexy.
i love how the Fuze and the E11 have the same form factor, wish i had the E11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back