Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
May 22, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #137 of 7,509
Seriously! This is rad! :D Plus i used to have a UD01 good choice for budget DAC imo.

Quote:
Not exactly ultra portable but it sounds good.

Samsung Netbook, J. River, Gel battery, Kingrex Ud01, QED MB45, Beyer T1

May 22, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #138 of 7,509

eek.gif
  I hope its temporary.  Looks like your netbook is getting jump started.  12V?  You know you can do 18 with two 9v.  Why such a huge battery?
Quote:
Not exactly ultra portable but it sounds good.

Samsung Netbook, J. River, Gel battery, Kingrex Ud01, QED MB45, Beyer T1

May 22, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #139 of 7,509

Sony S610 & JVC FX-300....Another old rig.

May 23, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #140 of 7,509

Quote:
eek.gif
  I hope its temporary.  Looks like your netbook is getting jump started.  12V?  You know you can do 18 with two 9v.  Why such a huge battery?

My netbook is running on it's internal 6-cell battery
redface.gif

The Kingrex and the QED runs on 12V DC and when I was in the store the price difference between 2,5ah and 5ah gel battery was only 3USD and since my rig never is going to be ultra-portable I went for the largest battery.

May 23, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #143 of 7,509
I'm at a Starbucks right now, going back and forth between two different portable rigs (to see a larger version of a photo, click on it):

(above) This is TTVJ's Slim Portable Headphone Amp with digitally-controlled stepped volume control.  The source is a Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo (portable DAC for iDevices), with an Apple iPod 160GB.  The headphone is the beyerdyamic DT1350.

(above) The Fostex HP-P1 headphone amp and DAC (for iDevices) and a custom-colored (by Colorware) Sennheiser HD 25-1 II.

May 23, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #146 of 7,509

Quote:
Must get some odd looks with all that in a Starbucks 
tongue_smile.gif

We're regulars at this particular Starbucks, so they're used to us and all the stuff we drag in here.  When we show up here, it's usually for at least a few hours, so we bring our office-on-the-go setups--it looks like we're moving in.

Quote:
Hey, Jude, how do you like the Fostex HP-P1?

The Fostex HP-P1 is very good.  It's still very new for me (just started using it a couple of days ago), so I haven't done much in terms of direct comparisons to the Cyper Labs Algorhythm Solo (paired up with various amps).  I'm curious to know how the Fostex HP-P1 will compare to the Solo, when used like the Solo, to feed other headphone amps from its line out (as opposed to using the Fostex's built-in amp).  Again, I haven't gotten to that yet.  Still, though, I've used it enough to know it's very good when directly driving the DT 1350 and the HD 25-1 II (haven't tried any IEMs with it yet).

May 23, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #149 of 7,509

Quote:
We're regulars at this particular Starbucks, so they're used to us and all the stuff we drag in here.  When we show up here, it's usually for at least a few hours, so we bring our office-on-the-go setups--it looks like we're moving in.

Oh okay, that would make you look less ridiculous, at least some people won't give odd looks other than customers who haven't seen you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back