Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
May 12, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #76 of 7,509
Quote:
Why another new thread for the same topic? This is silly, the forum software should be good enough to handle long threads. It's not like we're running on v0.1 of vBulletin (although Huddler sometimes feels like it, since I couldn't even find this new thread with the search function, after the old one got locked without any notice)...

<snip, snip>

Dfkt, which one would you say has better sound quality?
wink_face.gif

May 12, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #77 of 7,509

Quote:
@dkft what are you using with your S&S, still your UE11?

I've been thinking of picking one up, what's the sound signature like?

Quote:
Dfkt, which one would you say has better sound quality?
wink_face.gif

I'm going to solder a 6-pin Stax connector on the Speak & Spell, then it will pwn any portable source.

May 12, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #78 of 7,509

Quote:

I'm going to solder a 6-pin Stax connector on the Speak & Spell, then it will pwn any portable source.

maybe you could ad a tube output stage to make his voice sound less digital and mechanical.  if you add tubes you'll need to raise it up on some spikes to reduce vibration.

May 12, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #80 of 7,509
DSC00524.jpg

Might as well take a new picture since I borrowed my teachers DSLR, I know I suck at photography since I just started.

May 13, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #82 of 7,509
Ugh, I completely hated the sticker on 'em. They were peeling off and it felt plain weird to touch them when taking the 7506s off.

May 13, 2011 at 7:04 AM Post #85 of 7,509
This is my current setup...

May 13, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #87 of 7,509

Quote:
how does the cmoy compare the to the e7

I will tell you my first impressions because i just received it today.
First of all i asked John Seaber to customize the cmoy for my m50's so it is not the originaly advertised.
With the stock chip OPA2227 the sound is quite similar to E7's sound but with a tiny enhance on  soundstage.
What i noticed though is that the bass boost option makes the bass quite robust and powerful on some tracks that already are bassy and it seems like it doesn't match that well with the BBE effects if you crank up the volume above 60% on the cmoy and 80% on the J3(i am talking about really loud volume though).
The bass is distorted and boomy at high volume.
This is caused maybe due to the battery not being full and that the cmoy needs some burning in..
With bass boost on and at normal listening volumes you get good soundstage and nice kicking bass.
Also it goes higher on volume than the E7,much higher!
I really think i should give the cmoy more time to mature so as to get the best out of it..

Edit:After some hours of burning in this fracking little red box became a full sounded weapon that makes E7 look like a cheap toy....
L3000.gif

May 13, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #89 of 7,509

Quote:
I will tell you my first impressions because i just received it today.
First of all i asked John Seaber to customize the cmoy for my m50's so it is not the originaly advertised.
With the stock chip OPA2227 the sound is quite similar to E7's sound but with a tiny enhance on  soundstage.
What i noticed though is that the bass boost option makes the bass quite robust and powerful on some tracks that already are bassy and it seems like it doesn't match that well with the BBE effects if you crank up the volume above 60% on the cmoy and 80% on the J3(i am talking about really loud volume though).
The bass is distorted and boomy at high volume.
This is caused maybe due to the battery not being full and that the cmoy needs some burning in..
With bass boost on and at normal listening volumes you get good soundstage and nice kicking bass.
Also it goes higher on volume than the E7,much higher!
I really think i should give the cmoy more time to mature so as to get the best out of it..

thanks for the impression, Optimus Priam
wink.gif

May 13, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #90 of 7,509

Users who are viewing this thread

Back