Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Oct 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #7,111 of 7,509
Quote:
My another pictures from Ibasso DX 100 + Alo RX 3 b + um remould Tf 10 and. Below with Fit Ear
334 :
For SQ improvement Ibasso Dx 100 amp section
83a5039ecf14861b2b585ecc104ff524_zpsf0458bbe.jpg

3f4e7a00f3efdfe0c5cb3b7e1c4601e0_zps5a6f2ec3.jpg

Rudi these are impressive shots. Terrific configurations......they must sound so good, I wonder how you can stop listening!

Oct 8, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #7,112 of 7,509
^ not a fan of grainy shots....there's some glare, too. the rig is nothing to trifle with, however. 

Oct 8, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #7,113 of 7,509
Quote:

Forgive me, but, why does this entire picture look 'Shopped?

I'm no expert on "shopped" pictures, so can you be more specific? Because that's pretty interesting :) It's obviously a scaled down version of the original image which is high res (3872 x 2592 pixels, 300 dpi) taken with a Nikon D60 using flash.

If i wanted to photoshop (and knew how to do it), you can bet i'd photoshop  some better gear in ^_^ 

ahaha i thought the same thing. it looks really strange....i think its because there's no shadow from the ipod rig, and it's in front of the cd.

The reason why there's no "shadow" in front of the ipod is because the soft light emminating from the window (rainy day, curtains almost fully drawn (Actually, the lighting arrangement is a bit more complex than that!) stops between the headphones and the ipod.

This discussion is completely off topic, but atleast we're getting a lesson in lighting here :)

Oct 8, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #7,114 of 7,509
I took a closer look, and i think i see what you mean! The flare reflection in  the CD cover is overexposing the E17/Ipod which makes it look like a really unnatural edge at the top.

Oct 8, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #7,115 of 7,509
Quote:
I don't think I've ever seen a photoshopped pic on this thread - almost as strange as his avatar (which I happen to like). 

Avatar is the second stage of Coffee, after the first few sips. I've tried finding the full cartoon again but it eludes me.

Oct 8, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #7,117 of 7,509
Quote:
There's no way that photo is real. 
blink.gif

tongue.gif

Haha, this really blows my mind :) Consider this: If it's possible to snap a picture with a good camera such that it seems to be "photoshopped", that should say something about our perception of images in terms of lightstage and depth. In this case, I think we're victims of bad lighting choices (flash & natural light = weird shadows, + bad focus. I'm a crappy photographer, what can i say) and the resolution of the image being too high. It's quite interesting.

I'll take a picture with my phone of the actual camera-display showing the picture i've posted here. I'll upload it when i can.

Oct 8, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #7,119 of 7,509
Quote:

Haha, this really blows my mind :) Consider this: If it's possible to snap a picture with a good camera such that it seems to be "photoshopped", that should say something about our perception of images in terms of lightstage and depth. In this case, I think we're victims of bad lighting choices (flash & natural light = weird shadows, + bad focus. I'm a crappy photographer, what can i say) and the resolution of the image being too high. It's quite interesting.

I'll take a picture with my phone of the actual camera-display showing the picture i've posted here. I'll upload it when i can.

Just take another picture of the gear in a different position, surely you could just upload the current pic onto the camera and be taking a picture of that.   Maybe recent events have caused my tinfoil hat to become soldered to my head though :D

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #7,120 of 7,509
Finally....My first setup....nothing fancy but I really like it!! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Now Waiting for my AKG K550 to arrive......ugh!!

Oct 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #7,121 of 7,509
Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif

Now Waiting for my AKG K550 to arrive......ugh!!

Nice form factor! Spray the C3 black XD

It would also match your K550 well 
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #7,122 of 7,509
Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif

Nothing fancy :O  eh what? thats very nice gear.  

Although there is no need to use an amp with the c3/eph combo the phones are very easily driven and the c3 has more than enough power to do it, save some wait when carrying around.

Oct 8, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #7,123 of 7,509
Quote:
Just take another picture of the gear in a different position, surely you could just upload the current pic onto the camera and be taking a picture of that.   Maybe recent events have caused my tinfoil hat to become soldered to my head though :D

Hmm, I suppose one could do that :) hadn't thought of a method so deceptive! But in any case, here's a different shot... with green rubberbands! ^_^ I hope to be upgrading the setup with a pair of HE-400's soon.

Oct 8, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #7,124 of 7,509
Quote:

Hmm, I suppose one could do that :) hadn't thought of a method so deceptive! But in any case, here's a different shot... with green rubberbands! ^_^ I hope to be upgrading the setup with a pair of HE-400's soon.

Ah, so it was the Alice in Chains CD that was Photoshopped in! Can we see a separate picture of that next to today's newspaper and a bank statement?
wink.gif

Oct 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #7,125 of 7,509
LOL! I can't believe people think someone will photoshop a rig like that. Seriously? It's not like he posted a pic of a golden dx100 encrusted with diamonds or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back