Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Apr 20, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #4,638 of 7,509

Quote:
Nice stack.

The other day whilst at work, a colleague told me my rig looked like a house brick - DIYmod 5th gen > TTVJ Slim. How little he knows.... Does this fit in your pocket ;D  
Quote:
Just took delivery of an iBasso DB2 and added it to my stack. So, here's the 'full stack'.....

Yep! In my Kevlar shirt. 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 20, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #4,639 of 7,509
I think all that great gear deserve better phones than TF10s :)
Quote:
The portable rig goes transportable. Pair of Westone 4Rs and Sennheiser HD25-1 11 on their way for a try too.

Apr 20, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #4,642 of 7,509

Quote:

I was amazed by how much effort he put in the TF10 too... Must've loved them so so much.

The most powerful stack I've ever seen for the TF10 *mouth wide opened*

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #4,644 of 7,509

Quote:

Quote:

I was amazed by how much effort he put in the TF10 too... Must've loved them so so much.

The most powerful stack I've ever seen for the TF10 *mouth wide opened*

thats a bottlenecked rig!
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #4,645 of 7,509
Yes, PX200-II.  The amp is a iBasso D-Zero.  SQ, well... the DAP is merely ok.  So the amp gives it a little more thump and makes it louder... that's about it... it's really my 8yr old son's DAP... it just fit so nicely on top of the iBasso that I had to take a pic.
Quote:

Are those the Sennheiser PX 200's? What amp are you using? How's the difference in SQ? I have the PX 100-IIi's and haven't noticed a need for an amp.. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #4,646 of 7,509

Quote:

thats a bottlenecked rig!
biggrin.gif

Put a pair of iBuds on it and AB them :wink:

Teaser:

Sound
Almost identical, nothing changed much besides maybe a deeper bass and slightly less distortion. Going balanced do increase the soundstage significantly however.

Scent
By amping the iBuds I believe there was an irritating burnt plastic scent, and my ears felt much warmer even compared to using closed cans w/ pleather!

Apr 20, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #4,648 of 7,509
Quote:
The portable rig goes transportable. Pair of Westone 4Rs and Sennheiser HD25-1 11 on their way for a try too.

That's why the Westones are on their way. It's been a gradual process upgrading or on occasion side grading along the way.
I might get the Triple-Fis shelled to see if that does anything or might just save the cash and consider customs.
Main issue with customs is there is no audiologist on Ice Station Zebra...then of course there's the crazy cost of custom IEMs these days which make try and resell an expensive and problematic option.
Really have no idea which customs to spring for either and at these prices it makes for a hard decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back