Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Dec 28, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #3,046 of 7,509

Quote:
I still can't decide which way I want to go portably down the line. I really like the 'all in one' nature of the Fostex, but the tweaker in me wants another CLAS (and an Rx Mk3).

If I was in your situation this is what I would do. Considering you already owned the CLAS once why limit yourself? The Fostex is uncharted territory why not take a leap of faith and try experiencing something different. Of coarse if you really loved the CLAS to death then it becomes a whole other story doesn't it.

Dec 28, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #3,047 of 7,509
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-ways-sync-ipod-computer-itunes/
Check these out for using your ipod w/o iTunes. I know your pain, iTunes caused me to switch a long while ago.

Quote:

Just a couple of pics of my iPod nano 5th gen. Also a few minutes of messing around in Gimp, a program I know nothing about... haha
Easy rig though compared to some people here... Although I am looking to dump the iPod for a Clip Something in the future because of iTunes if nothing else...

Dec 28, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #3,050 of 7,509
Latest addition to the family. This sultry baby came along purely by chance and unexpectedly.

It sounds... O.. M.. G..

biggrin.gif

Dec 28, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #3,054 of 7,509
He was browsing ALO's website and one thing led to another...

Dec 28, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #3,055 of 7,509
LOL... Was surfing ALO's website but didn't plan any purchases. And no, I didn't actually purchased this amp.
Was selling my DACport. Somehow, no one wanted it, and I subsequently warmed to the idea of trading it for a list portable amps.
A chap approached me with his Continental with me topping up a little and the rest was just history.

Am listening to it with my DIYmod and Miracle now. There is this very negligible slight hiss when there's no music playing but nothing serious. WRT the volume sensitivity issue, Continental performed much better than I expected. I expected it to be very sensitive as it's meant to drive headphones primarily, but it is really surprisingly usable on IEMs. Sound quality is really very good; slight warmness with excellent clarity. I'm a very happy man!

Dec 28, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #3,057 of 7,509
Well... It was very unexpected for me. 

I'm a solid state kind of guy. And Continental wasn't on the list that I had compiled for trade. And the sound quality just blew me off. 

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #3,058 of 7,509
Here's my various set-ups guys, hope you like :p

Iphone 4s -> Fiio e11 -> Sennheiser HD25 Originals

Ipod Nano 3G -> sennheiser CX300 ii

By no means is this portable, just thought I'd share it for the gamers out there :wink:

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #3,059 of 7,509
Quote:
If I was in your situation this is what I would do. Considering you already owned the CLAS once why limit yourself? The Fostex is uncharted territory why not take a leap of faith and try experiencing something different. Of coarse if you really loved the CLAS to death then it becomes a whole other story doesn't it.

Don't forget the Furutech/ADL Cruise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back