Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XI]
Jul 11, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #1,006 of 1,377
Sweet. I thought that back looked a little "dull". Pretty sweet man.

What's interesting though, is they don't put the model number on the back like they did with the older iPhones and all the iPods.

Sweet phone though.

Jul 12, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #1,008 of 1,377
I assume that we can keep posting here... even if our pictures are of a terrible quality. Sorry about that.

My first real "rig" has been completed with the addition of my SR80s. They are fantastic and I'm really happy with them. I got some Radio Shack pads that (I hear) are very similar to the Grado comfies that come stock on the SR60s. They are, in fact, very comfy, especially for $5. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's four hour car ride. That's a first. I'm listening to Portishead's Third on this right now, and am quite impressed with both the sound quality of these headphones and the content of this album.

Click to enlarge

Jul 12, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #1,009 of 1,377
Better pics:

Just an update after the terrible pics yesterday of my gear, the 2 d2's cobbled together from 2 semi broken d2's.

P7120612.jpg

P7120613.jpg

P7120614.jpg

P7120615.jpg

P7120621.jpg

P7120624.jpg

P7120630.jpg

P7120620.jpg

Despite having no dab logo's this is the DMB/DAB d2. See my post on the previous page for an explanation of what was done to the two d2's and what i ended up with.

Matt

Jul 12, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #1,011 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Better pics:

Just an update after the terrible pics yesterday of my gear, the 2 d2's cobbled together from 2 semi broken d2's.

Cute player indeed!
Note that this comes from an iPod fanboy like me..
tongue.gif

Jul 12, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #1,013 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cute player indeed!
Note that this comes from an iPod fanboy like me..
tongue.gif

Yeah, im not normally a fan of white, but i had a black one and the one i bought for the parts was white, the moment i pulled it out the package i reaised i had more to swap than just the screen, but the casing aswell!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well thats about all the conceivable angles for that DAP lol

Yeah photography/lighting practice! My bedside table wood, the lighting and the white look really good together and makes it quite fun to photograph.

Matt

Jul 12, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #1,014 of 1,377
Just bought the shure e530
Will post how it looks along with my gear in next few days when they arrive!!
So many options on how to set things up!!
Need an iphone LOD first and foremost, preferably quickly!! Anyone know anywhere in UK who does them??

Jul 13, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #1,015 of 1,377

a818 -> Headsix -> Atrio M5/Alessandro MS1

Jul 13, 2008 at 6:55 AM Post #1,016 of 1,377
ar2008aya3.jpg

ar2008bcz8.jpg

ar2008cre7.jpg

Hi folks, this is my portable rig, you must think I'm kidding, but no, I'm not.

I know this simple but effective portable rig sounds much better than a lot of $1000 usd rigs out there (no offense guys), but I really like it and it's very light and portable, as you can see it's about the size of an old tape.

Music sounds with a great detail and the best is that the songs are not compressed!! I usually carry everyday no more than 2 tapes and yes, I spent like 2 hours recording a 90 min mix tape with my old Onkyo tape deck.

Old school? yeah, but I can't afford right now a DAP, AMP and high-end headphones...I bought a used ipod on ebay a couple of months ago but I got screwed and sent it back.

I'm looking forward to save and upgrade my headphones for Christmas, but it hurts to know that the new Grado's SR60 are more than 70 usd, I'll see if a can buy a used pair for less, although not sure if ebay is the best place to get a used pair or here, since I have seen that they're sold for no less than 50 usd.

Please indulge me for not posting a great rig and for the quality of the pictures, but I think my rig deserves to share some space in this thread with all those amazing rigs that you guys have.
wink.gif

AIWA PX550 Tape player
Sony Turbo/Discman headphones

Jul 13, 2008 at 7:10 AM Post #1,018 of 1,377
OMG love that tape deck rig! I had a similiar one with Sony fontopia ear buds and a little remote about ten years ago and loved it! Only problem was finding songs on tapes. Went to minidisc and then on to apple and never looked back!
Keep it oldskool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back