Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XI]
Jul 11, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #991 of 1,377
Minimalistic portable setup... Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro with either the SanDisk Sansa Clip or iAudio 5.

dsc0391az2.jpg

Jul 11, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #992 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^Throw a HQ Silver IC in with that UE11/Cowan/Predator rig and you will have something nigh unbeatable!

You will find that the sound will take on a much more palpable effect.

I had an ALO Jena Cryo once upon a time a year or so ago, but I couldn't tell much difference, so I sold it... I guess I'm not really looking for ultimate SQ with that portable setup -- I use the Predator alone (via usb) much more often, anyway.

But I have different ears and gears now, so perhaps I'd try a fancy IC again one day...

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Jul 11, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #993 of 1,377
Well i bought the broken d2 finally, shipped direct to me in the end for $85 and managed to fix my black dab d2 with the cracked touch screen and broken reset hole (broken before, took apart to replace screen and reset hole assembly fell apart in my hands, tiny points it clipped onto on board were broken from before i opened it, so couldnt fix it, switch still works as reset though.)

Just took the new d2 that did have the broken power switch apart, and put the screen in may allready apart (then) black d2, and put the bad screen on the non dab board. I put the white non-dab logo'd casing on my d2 with dab, and the black dab logo'd casing on the non-dab d2. I put my chasis (not filed out like the one with broken switch) on my now white dab d2, and the filed out frame on the non-dab d2 that it came with, and the black casing from my d2.

So i now i have a white 4gb dab d2 with a working screen and a non-dab logo'd back, but a broken reset hole (was broken and fell aprt when i removed the casing of my then black d2) and a black non-dab d2 with dab branded back cover and a filed out switch hole, no slider, and a cracked screen. Ok for spares. Cost $5 less than a repair, but also shipping to korea wasnt included so more like $20 at least, and i got some spares, a nicer white d2 (much prefered over black, shinier and less easy to scuff) which i love to bits, looks far better than black in person, and a crstal case, usb cable and spare lightweight ok sounding buds.

Excuse the terrible pics:
P7110598.jpg

^ White 4gb DAB Cowon D2 (broken reset hole) in crystal case. Black 4gb non dab d2 (in DAB logo'd casing) with missing power slider and filed out switch hole enabling turn on with stylus cracked screen, Livewire Custom IEM's, cleaning tool, cleaning cloths, Altoids D2 tin (for black d2), 3x 8gb Adata class 6 SDHC's, stylus, livewire branded waterproof case for white d2, IEM's, SD's, Stylus and cleaning cloth (x1) and tool.
\/
P7110600.jpg

P7110602.jpg

^ White DAB 4gb D2 in crystal case. No DAB logo's on back. Broken reset hole (switch still works and can be used to reset)

P7110603.jpg

^ On the left, Black 4gb D2 with broken screen and switch, non dab, dab logo'd casing. On the right, white 4gb DAB d2 with broken reset hole, in crystal case. Non DAB branded casing (from other non-dab d2, swapped hosuings)

P7110605.jpg

^ Left, Black non dab d2 (broken screen and power switch) with original theme, 3.54 firmwarel i think.

P7110606.jpg

^ Left, black dab logo'd non-dab 4gb d2 with cracked screen and broken switch. Standard flash theme. Will use this d2 to test flash skins for non-dab firmwares. Right, white d2 in crystal case with broken reset hole. Black and simple flash theme (only one that works on DAB 1.55 firmware)

P7110607.jpg

^ Left, Livewires case with livewires, white d2 in crystal case, 3 8gb sd's, cleaning tool for Livewires, cleaning cloth and stylus. Waterproof case.

Right, Altoids tin with 3 cleaning cloths, black non-dab, dab logo'd 4gb d2, with broken switch and screen.

2 bits from the white d2's reset hole are in the tin too for now haha!

P7110608.jpg

^ All the bits i carry daily in the LW waterproof case. Livewires, white d2 in crystal case with broken reset hole, 3x 8gb sd's, cleaning cloth, cleaning tool and stylus.

Sorry for the long winded post. Hope you understand the ramblings, i tried my best, but its confusing and hard to explain, but i understand!

Matt

Jul 11, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #994 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for the long winded post. Hope you understand the ramblings, i tried my best, but its confusing and hard to explain, but i understand!

Matt

Great news that your D2 is back up and running Matt

It's a very sweet setup you have now and nice that it all fits into the livewires case.
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #995 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlterAnthony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Minimalistic portable setup... Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro with either the SanDisk Sansa Clip or iAudio 5.

dsc0391az2.jpg

That blue Clip is sweet. I wish they made a blue 4GB one, although I did just cover my silver 4GB up with a silicone case anyway...

Brad

Jul 11, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #996 of 1,377
4 more posts till a new thread needs to be made!!!

Jul 11, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #997 of 1,377
good to see your setup is complete again matt, enjoy

Jul 11, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #998 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great news that your D2 is back up and running Matt

It's a very sweet setup you have now and nice that it all fits into the livewires case.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, it fits nice, and water proof and double cased too. Will be in there always now, not gonna drop it uncased and break the screen again
smily_headphones1.gif

Shame the reset hole was broken allready on the original dab board (that did have the broken screen in it, which i broke) Plastic tiny legs had broken off the board, then when the d2 was taken apart the hole assembly fell apart and cant be put back on as the tiny tiny legs are gone. Never used it anyway, was always temprormental when it was still together but broken, used the switch, hold it aside for 10sec, does the same thing and easier, so yeah 99% working still
smily_headphones1.gif

I much prefer the white. Doesnt show the scratches (as normal) and scuffs, but doesnt have the DAB logo on the back...

So yeah, i got some spares, a minty white casing, and a crystal case for less than a repair, let alone shipping to the reapir centre and back... And the d2 with no power slider and filed out hole and cracked touch screen layer has non-dab firmware (non-dab mainboard) and i can use it to test flash (music now playing screen) skins for the non-dab firmwares.

Love my white (dab non dab marked d2) with itouch theme and black and simple flash skin
smily_headphones1.gif
Must test some more out of the package on iaudiophile and find a better one though
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for you help Damian, much appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif
wink.gif

Matt

Jul 11, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #1,000 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
4 more posts till a new thread needs to be made!!!

Here you are!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #1,003 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by gautam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
also, why do we *need* a new thread? from what i see, you can go beyond 1000 posts, so what is the *need* for it?

I bet it's been done because the old version of the forum (vBulletin) wouldn't abbreviate the list of pages, so you'd end up with that string of number links to each and every page of the thread. This caused a horizontal scrollbar and makes reading the thread without a super-wide browser and super-wide lines of text to read. (This can also happen when people post GIANT photos.)

But the new version of the forum obviously doesn't have that problem so... I don't think there really is a reason to start a new thread anymore.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #1,004 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bet it's been done because the old version of the forum (vBulletin) wouldn't abbreviate the list of pages, so you'd end up with that string of number links to each and every page of the thread. This caused a horizontal scrollbar and makes reading the thread without a super-wide browser and super-wide lines of text to read. (This can also happen when people post GIANT photos.)

But the new version of the forum obviously doesn't have that problem so... I don't think there really is a reason to start a new thread anymore.
smily_headphones1.gif

i understood the last sentence... thats all. no, really, that seems most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back