Pictures of your portable rig part VIII
Jul 13, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #526 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amazing rig again EFN!
What do you think of the 5G compared to the 4G?
This one does seem much more modern and nicer though heh
icon10.gif

Case is one piece and holds both amp and imod? home made?

Jul 13, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #528 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Case is one piece and holds both amp and imod? home made?

Huh? I don't know why you quoted but I just said the aesthetic difference from the current and the former.

Jul 13, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #530 of 1,186
Nice high-end rigs Audio Fidelity, Aluren and EFN.

Audio Fidelity, you have a lot of gear there. While you do have the ultimate in universal IEMs and also the ultimate portable source/amp, you might want to consider going down the custom IEM route. Which one you should get is indeed a difficult choice, but I have yet to see anyone regret 'going custom'. Just a thought since you're clearly willing to invest a lot into IEMs.

Aluren, were you offered the choice of having both 1/8" and 1/4" outputs when you got your Xin Reference? I'm considering going down that route, or just settling for a RSA portable amp. The 1/4" output option is rather useful. How does the UE10Pro react to amping?

EFN, you never cease to impress. Time after time you've come back with superb-looking, heavily-modified rigs. Isn't it about time you learned how to make your own custom IEMs?
evil_smiley.gif
You could make a single driver custom IEM based on the ER4S Knowles balanced armature! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations.

Ricardo Dawkins, you need some IEMs
wink.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #531 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a sneak look at my fresh iMod 5G & my fully revived SuperMicro-IV
wink.gif

Rig01iMod5G.jpg

Rig02iMod5G.jpg

I looks Like EFN also has an interesting WPS on the display. It says 'EFN Imod by Red Wine Audio'. He plays Flac, so i quess the Imod must be rockboxed. EFN is their a way that you could share this WPS and tell us how to change the heading to 'Wotan1 Imod by RWA'?

Jul 13, 2007 at 6:20 AM Post #532 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a sneak look at my fresh iMod 5G & my fully revived SuperMicro-IV
wink.gif

Rig01iMod5G.jpg

Rig02iMod5G.jpg

Amazing! I especially like the all-black look..
lambda.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #534 of 1,186
It looks waterproof to me

Jul 13, 2007 at 9:02 AM Post #537 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EFN: What case is that? Looks very nice!

I believe it is a diy paint job. I remember seeing pictures of his old rig looking similar to this. EFN has nice skills I must say...

Jul 13, 2007 at 10:11 AM Post #538 of 1,186
Omg, EFN, just like everyone else has said what a cool rig!!

I like your custom dock, I will be getting a supermicro to use with my 5.5g imod and cryo dock and my placement of the supermicro stuck on the back wont be as cool as yours!

Also what have you done to the top left hand corner of your supermicro?? Was that where is was damaged?

Jul 13, 2007 at 11:51 AM Post #539 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huh? I don't know why you quoted but I just said the aesthetic difference from the current and the former.

Quoted wrong post xD
Meant to quote ESN asking about the case/black thing that seems to hold both amp and imod so perfectly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back