Pictures of your portable rig part VIII
Jul 13, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #542 of 1,186
Not the gorgeous finished job of EFN - just common cr*p, but it works
smily_headphones1.gif

40gig 4th gen. iModded iPod/eVo2 case/Cardas cable/Xin Supermacro LE/Senn. HME25 modded.
Yeah, fits in shirt pocket.

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

Jul 13, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #544 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice high-end rigs Audio Fidelity, Aluren and EFN.

Audio Fidelity, you have a lot of gear there. While you do have the ultimate in universal IEMs and also the ultimate portable source/amp, you might want to consider going down the custom IEM route. Which one you should get is indeed a difficult choice, but I have yet to see anyone regret 'going custom'. Just a thought since you're clearly willing to invest a lot into IEMs.

Aluren, were you offered the choice of having both 1/8" and 1/4" outputs when you got your Xin Reference? I'm considering going down that route, or just settling for a RSA portable amp. The 1/4" output option is rather useful. How does the UE10Pro react to amping?

EFN, you never cease to impress. Time after time you've come back with superb-looking, heavily-modified rigs. Isn't it about time you learned how to make your own custom IEMs?
evil_smiley.gif
You could make a single driver custom IEM based on the ER4S Knowles balanced armature! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations.

Ricardo Dawkins, you need some IEMs
wink.gif

no i wasn't offered that option because i have the very earliest beta version of the xin reference amp. i think i'm going to ask xin for the 1/4 plug once he's finalized the reference amp.

the UE-10 reacts very well with amping since it is a very neutral set of headphones. i hear a larger soundstage with the reference but a better bass impact with the tomahawk. but of course, the tomahawk is burned in while the reference is not. i think you would be happy with either one!

man EFN, i almost ordered a supermicro based on your pics. awesome rig!

Jul 13, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #549 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Paint supermicro

Nah, he got a black supermicro, when Xin used to offer that option. Then he just sanded the edges.

Jul 13, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #550 of 1,186
Oh, painted... I can see that now... It looks so nice and now you don't have to worry about the marring delicate iPod finish anymore. Someone should sell iPod housings with a durable finish like that, and eliminate the need for a bulky case.

Jul 14, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #552 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a sneak look at my fresh iMod 5G & my fully revived SuperMicro-IV
wink.gif

[IM]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/EFN/Rig01iMod5G.jpg[/IMG]

[IM]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/EFN/Rig02iMod5G.jpg[/IMG]

As everyone has said:
Oh my goodness! That is so hot!

That really makes me want to paint my Zen Vision: M and buy a SuperMicro IV. MAN! That's beautiful.

Jul 14, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #553 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, that is me and my wife.

772509634_c706582bd9.jpg

Cool!

Jul 14, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #554 of 1,186
Just saw your rig EFN!!!! Good Gosh! That is amazing! Vinny must be a great guy! He has my business. Expect me to have an iMod very soon! That is great thing he did!

Jul 14, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #555 of 1,186
New earbuds to replace dying CX300s

Image045.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back