Pictures of your portable rig part VIII
May 20, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #76 of 1,186
My portable rig: Cowon iAudio X5L 20GB -> Shure E500

basically what I use when I walk around campus from class to class (minus the PTH device for a cleaner picture):

img1405wu2.jpg

May 20, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #77 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope that's the wrong picture or captioned wrong.

Nope, it isn't.

Quote:

The audio out of the TH sure looks like a Grado cable. Unless you re-cabled your E500s with a Grado cable...impressions?
rs1smile.gif

I was trying out a friend of mine's HD650's.

May 21, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #79 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2deadeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My other portable:

dsc02083nt0.jpg

No wonder you were curious 'bout the pouch. Is that the North American or Japanese? I like the MC35ELK that comes with the Japanese model.

May 21, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #80 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin2net /img/forum/go_quote.gif
here is mine, so far. still awaiting for my ER4S to arrive.

creative zvm>qables silvercab LOD>tomahawk (less than 1 hr so far)> e3 with standard yellow foamies.

one question! can i burn it in without having anything connected? just the tomahawk on by itself?

Ha! sweet rig...

same as my setup.

I almost have mine completed burnt. I've plugged zvm->qables->tomahawk->MDR-V6 can to my Yamaha player and let it run 24/7 while I am not at home. Boy, you will love the battery lifespan on tomahawk. 2 weeks so far and no sign of low battery.... Enjoy it bro. It does sound significantly different after 300 hours so far. I will let it burns-in until the first set of 2xAAA (Duracell) run out and call it done.

May 21, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #81 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0eBoX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My portable rig: Cowon iAudio X5L 20GB -> Shure E500

basically what I use when I walk around campus from class to class (minus the PTH device for a cleaner picture):

[IM]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7400/img1405wu2.jpg[/IMG]

Sweet rig man. I miss my old X5L, had a very clean HP out.

May 21, 2007 at 7:46 AM Post #82 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone tell me what are the IEM's on the pic below? Thanks.

P1010107.JPG

noticed that ur left [blue] earbud is bigger sized than ur right [red] one? lol
got different sized ears, right friend?

May 21, 2007 at 11:35 AM Post #83 of 1,186
My ears seen to be slightly different sizes, but not enough to go down a size in tips. Plus the sure olives fix that "problem" just fine.

May 21, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #85 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweet rig man. I miss my old X5L, had a very clean HP out.

Thanks! I am in love with it also... it's built like a tank, not to mention it sounds great and i barely ever charge it
tongue.gif
--- If only it had a little more space haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparda
Hey, ShoeBox that thing is a work of art. Like the sleek look. My friend has one and it was quite small.

haha yeah it's very sleek -- I love how industrial it looks while still being pretty dang gorgeous. I was surprised by its small size when I first received it too!

May 21, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #86 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Below is a thumbnail picture of my transportable rig (click on the thumbnail to view the full picture), it basically goes back and forth everyday to the office. You will see on the picture two amps a LaRocco PRII MkII and an RSA SR-71, I alternate between these two. The rest of the components are:

- iModded 4th Gen 60 GB iPod Photo in a Contour Case
- Revelation Audio Cryo Silver IC
- AKG K701 w/ a turtle to wrap the excess cable
biggrin.gif

I also have an smaller rig to carry when I am out and about. I currently consists of:

- iModded 4th Gen 60 GB iPod Photo in a Contour Case
- Revelation Audio Cryo Silver IC
- RSA Tomahawk (Soon I will receive the new Xin Reference Amp)
- V-Moda IEM, which is my weak link. Hope to sell something soon to upgrade the IEM's!

Just like above a thumbnail picture follows, click on it to view the full size picture.

Hi Mrarroyo,

I have a question, how come you are using a Tomahawk as your portable amp, when you say you find the supermicro to be the best portable amp to your tastes?

May 22, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #88 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Mrarroyo,

I have a question, how come you are using a Tomahawk as your portable amp, when you say you find the supermicro to be the best portable amp to your tastes?

If you re-read the post you will see I was waiting for the "Xin Reference" amp which arrived today and it is being burnt in. BTW the "Xin Reference" amp is an all out Supermicro IV just introduced by Dr. Xin.

Don't misunderstand me, the Tomahawk is a very nice amp and most would be more than happy with it.

May 22, 2007 at 7:12 AM Post #90 of 1,186
Just thought I'd pop in and show off what I've done so far....

My first ever DIY project, the CMOY
DSC00247.jpg

My second project, a Zen Vision M LOD
DSC00245.jpg

The whole rig together, with some marshmellows for show. (My SR60s are in my car)
DSC00252.jpg

I'm proud of my first two project.....just a worried about my poor wallet now that I'm out of projects to do....figure the next thing is gonna be more expensive than the 50 bucks those two cost me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back