Pictures of your portable rig part VIII
May 22, 2007 at 7:13 AM Post #91 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you re-read the post you will see I was waiting for the "Xin Reference" amp which arrived today and it is being burnt in. BTW the "Xin Reference" amp is an all out Supermicro IV just introduced by Dr. Xin.

Don't misunderstand me, the Tomahawk is a very nice amp and most would be more than happy with it.

Oh, sorry, I thought you had a supermicro already!! My bad.

May 22, 2007 at 7:45 AM Post #92 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just thought I'd pop in and show off what I've done so far....

My first ever DIY project, the CMOY
My second project, a Zen Vision M LOD

I'm proud of my first two project.....just a worried about my poor wallet now that I'm out of projects to do....figure the next thing is gonna be more expensive than the 50 bucks those two cost me.

Standing ovation! Very nice.
280smile.gif

May 22, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #94 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, sorry, I thought you had a supermicro already!! My bad.

I have used the one Vorlon1 owns. Then I got a Supermacro LE which I thought was going to sound better than the Supermicro IV but it did not. Sold it and now I have the "Xin Refernce"
icon10.gif

May 23, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #96 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, it isn't.

I was trying out a friend of mine's HD650's.

And how did it sound with that rig? I'm considering an eventual upgrade to 650s but I wasn't sure how they'd sound with a hornet and imod.

May 24, 2007 at 1:58 PM Post #99 of 1,186
Here's mine, but due to the delay of the Westone 3 I have no IEMs - Although the delay has pushed me towards the UE-10 Pros, Oh the joy of spending even more money;

ipod_tomahawk1.jpg

ipod_tomahawk2.jpg

ipod_tomahawk3.jpg

May 24, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #100 of 1,186
green tomahawk... interesting...

May 24, 2007 at 2:29 PM Post #101 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by itobito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my second rig:
iRiver h140 Rockbox, itos cable "vulcano", headamp

PICT0011-1.jpg

You have that crazy interconnect, but you're using Koss "The Plug"? I used to use The Plug straight from my H120. They were good at the time for the price, but you should probably upgrade your IEM next. If you like the bass response of The Plug, try the XtremeMac FS1, or even better, the Future Sonics Atrio m5. You *WILL* be stunned by the improvement.

-Packgrog

May 24, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #103 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by Packgrog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have that crazy interconnect, but you're using Koss "The Plug"? I used to use The Plug straight from my H120. They were good at the time for the price, but you should probably upgrade your IEM next. If you like the bass response of The Plug, try the XtremeMac FS1, or even better, the Future Sonics Atrio m5. You *WILL* be stunned by the improvement.

-Packgrog

I used ultimate ears super. fi 5 eb, westone um2, shure E500.
now I looking for something new in ears... and in this moment I use just beyerdynamic 990 pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back