Pictures of Your Portable Rig Part VII
Feb 23, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #391 of 1,013
I'll grab a cryo micro from ken when he gets back from disney.
Be in Bliss then.

645issetet1.jpg

Feb 24, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #393 of 1,013
Here's mine - used velcro to connect the Zen to Amp. Not very portable, but travels well from my bedroom to my living room.
zen2.jpg

Feb 24, 2007 at 5:25 AM Post #394 of 1,013
IMG_0482.jpg

Zen Vision: W w/ iGrado's (havent quarter modded 'em yet) or Shure E3c

Where do you guys get the double flanges for your Shures? I really want a pair.

pink

Feb 24, 2007 at 9:05 AM Post #396 of 1,013
biggrin.gif
Another Hi-resolution Zen:Vision user here.
biggrin.gif

Picture008b.jpg

Picture086b.jpg

Picture009b.jpg

Using the Zen:Vision with the Zen:Aurvana's
cool.gif

Feb 24, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #397 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nobax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif
Another Hi-resolution Zen:Vision user here.
biggrin.gif

http://nobaxc.googlepages.com/Picture008b.jpg[/IM]

[IMG]http://nobaxc.googlepages.com/Picture086b.jpg[/IM]

[IMG]http://nobaxc.googlepages.com/Picture009b.jpg[/IM]

Using the Zen:Vision with the Zen:Aurvana's [img]http://www.head-fi.org/forums/images/smilies/http://hfimage.head-fi.org/smilies/cool.gif .

Looks hot, how are the Aurvanas?

Feb 24, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #398 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks hot, how are the Aurvanas?

Quite good actually, with the thoughts that it isnt made by an company like Etymotic or Shure it actually overwhelmed me. I first wanted to try them out (i could return them to an local shop within a week) but they really are worth the €90.- . They have a nice and accurate bass (not EX71 or CX300 like) with a absolutly magnificant midrange but it suffers from an early treble rolloff, wich kills the soundstage for classical music. Although they shine with Dance and Pop music, especially with female vocals. Really recommanded if you dont have enough money for the Ety ER-6's but still want great earphone with really good noice cancelling (about 50% more than the EX71 or CX300) and great midrange + bass.

IMO i think they are very underappreciated, and if i remember correctly they where presented by Creative on a stand next to the Shure E2c and the E3c, some head-fi'ers posted that the Aurvana's where the superior quite a while back.

Feb 24, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #399 of 1,013
After trying several combinations of Cans, IEMS and Amps I have found my comfort zone for my portable rig. Senn HD600s and E500's along with a new 5.5 IPOD and Hornet-M. I played around with some of the aftermarket cables and settled on the cheapest one... the SIK. I am very content with this set up at this point.

CIMG0299.JPG

Feb 24, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #400 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because zune fares better in Soundstage and Separation. SQ wise Rio Karma and zune performs very well unamped. But zune does have that crispness edge slightly over Karma - simple fact

Hmm, I have the gigabeat s which is the same as the zune (except for the wifi basically) and even though I like the gigabeat's SQ over any other mp3 player i've heard, I seem to remember that I like the karma's SQ better. It might just be my wierd memory.

I guess different strokes for different folks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is my favorite thread. i thnk efn already answered that a couple of posts earlier
icon10.gif

sorry a couple seconds too late

any way, wat type of music do you listen to efn??? i would really love to get some etys but most people here are saying that its a no no when it comes to hiphop.

well I havent seen any posts that asks why he chose the zune over the karma except for my post in this thread.

Feb 25, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #403 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nobax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quite good actually, with the thoughts that it isnt made by an company like Etymotic or Shure it actually overwhelmed me. I first wanted to try them out (i could return them to an local shop within a week) but they really are worth the €90.- . They have a nice and accurate bass (not EX71 or CX300 like) with a absolutly magnificant midrange but it suffers from an early treble rolloff, wich kills the soundstage for classical music. Although they shine with Dance and Pop music, especially with female vocals. Really recommanded if you dont have enough money for the Ety ER-6's but still want great earphone with really good noice cancelling (about 50% more than the EX71 or CX300) and great midrange + bass.

IMO i think they are very underappreciated, and if i remember correctly they where presented by Creative on a stand next to the Shure E2c and the E3c, some head-fi'ers posted that the Aurvana's where the superior quite a while back.

I loved the Aurvanas but the wire was very cheap. This was surprising because the sound was so good and they looked so good. One day the wire came completely off the right headphone. It had been kind of loose before but with that sharp tug it just let go.

Now I have the V-Moda Vibes and they have put up with the same everyday use and haven't any problems. I still use the Aurvanas because the isolation is great but they don't have as good bass and soundstage as the Vibes.

They definitely deserve more rezpekt but they aren't perfect.

Feb 25, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #404 of 1,013
Hey guys, first time poster, but long time lurker... please be gentle
biggrin.gif

Here's my newest rig which replaced a Sansa e270 -> PA2V2 -> Super.fi 5 EB rig...

Trekstor Vibez (12gb) -> Shure e500
untitled07-1.jpg

I have an RSA Hornet being shipped to me at the moment, but will only be reserved for full-sized cans coming my way in the near future... this current set up will therefore remain amp-less.

Feb 25, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #405 of 1,013
Really nice setup you got there cebseb!

the Vibez is defininatly a great choice, excellent capacity too (12gb), gapless playblack + Flac/Ogg support, excellent battery life!

I think I might take the plunge for it in my future minimalist rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back