Pictures of Your Portable Rig Part VII
Feb 19, 2007 at 8:32 AM Post #362 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by procreate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very good. I agree that the ER-4p is kind off "all over the place" and the ER-4s is a lot more "stable", for lack of better words. Nice work, EFN!

One question, though, since the plug now connects to the driver housing at a 90º angle, doesn't it make the cables touch your cheeks? With the lesser angle of the standard plugs, the cables run down perfectly vertical, at least, that's how it was intended.

Aah, not really. This sort of setup is for those with horizontal ear canals, mine is like that. Some people have upward sloping canals, some dont. Mine right now runs snug to my face and I am loving it
etysmile.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 8:35 AM Post #363 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aah, not really. This sort of setup is for those with horizontal ear canals, mine is like that. Some people have upward sloping canals, some dont. Mine right now runs snug to my face and I am loving it
etysmile.gif

Heh, not only is it custom made, it's custom made for you. Nice!

Feb 19, 2007 at 8:37 AM Post #364 of 1,013
I miss rockbox already. For unfortunate reasons, I had to replace my 1st gen nano with a 2nd gen nano. I like the longer battery and the durable case, but mediamonky is messing up my album art, and I prefer drag and drop folders, instead of these obscure directories. Fortunately, I had a silver LDM that looks real nice with it, but I really don't like how my black Turbo diabolous clashes with the white on the nano. Anyone wanna trade a white diabolous for my black one
biggrin.gif
?

DSCF4813.jpg

Feb 19, 2007 at 11:38 AM Post #365 of 1,013
Creative Zen Micro
Sennheiser HD25-1

The Senns have been modified with the velour pads and the Sennheiser HD25-13 copper cable. Since the HD25-13 cable was 3m and terminated by a 6.3mm plug, I had to reterminate it. Used a Neutrik gold plated 3.5mm plug for this, so the cable is now exactly as long the original.

Interestingly, the resitance of the new cable is one fifth as high as the default steel cable and a tiny bit less than a HD580 cable. Seems as if I finally managed to solder that 3.5mm plug on pretty nicely.

port_hd25.jpg

Feb 20, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #370 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL! Those custom E500s are sick!!! Put up more pics of those!

icon10.gif
Thanks Morph. Actually, I put a few more pics up in my thread if you haven't checked it out today. Another poster wanted to get a better look at the drivers.

Feb 20, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #371 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
icon10.gif
Thanks Morph. Actually, I put a few more pics up in my thread if you haven't checked it out today. Another poster wanted to get a better look at the drivers.

Don't you think it's time for an amp upgrade? I'm sure the pa2v2 doesn't do them justice...

Feb 20, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #372 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't you think it's time for an amp upgrade? I'm sure the pa2v2 doesn't do them justice...

It's not a priority right now. They sound great with or without the PA2v2.

And until Toshiba release a line out dock for the gigabeat, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back