Pictures of Your Portable Rig Part VII
Feb 21, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #377 of 1,013
All these pics are making me want to completely revamp my portable rig. I do need a new DAP and I think I killed my 6i's by just playing them too loud.

Feb 21, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #378 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitebread
I wish electronics lasted longer
frown.gif

I have a 25 year-old Onkyo Integra cassette deck that still works...some do, some don't. The stuff you don't care about never breaks
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #379 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a 25 year-old Onkyo Integra cassette deck that still works...some do, some don't. The stuff you don't care about never breaks
biggrin.gif

While true, I do believe that electronics of old were designed with greater care and robustness. I have no problem with my old stereo equipment, its my new portable stuff that is crapping out early.

Feb 21, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #380 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should update your profile...what amp is that?

Thanks for the reminder, just did. Its an Xtra X-1.

Feb 21, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #382 of 1,013
is the Zune scratched or something? Why you dont' show it ?

Feb 21, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #386 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you gave up the karma? why?

this is my favorite thread. i thnk efn already answered that a couple of posts earlier
icon10.gif

sorry a couple seconds too late

any way, wat type of music do you listen to efn??? i would really love to get some etys but most people here are saying that its a no no when it comes to hiphop.

Feb 21, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #387 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is my favorite thread. i thnk efn already answered that a couple of posts earlier
icon10.gif

sorry a couple seconds too late

any way, wat type of music do you listen to efn??? i would really love to get some etys but most people here are saying that its a no no when it comes to hiphop.

I listen to lots of Indie or rather British Indie, Experimental/Industrial Metal (Jesu, ISIS), and Synthpop. My absolute favorites are Joy Division/New Order, GODFLESH, The Clash, Sonic Youth etc.

ER-4 may not be suitable for Hip Hop if you like impactful bass. ER-4 offers deep clean bass which suits my taste. And I don't use EQ
etysmile.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #388 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for a repeat. But finally I have a complete Rig.

Rig2Complete.jpg

Rig1Complete.jpg

Those are some of the most heavily modded ER4s Ive seen. Looks like they don't stick out as much as the stock..??

Feb 21, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #389 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those are some of the most heavily modded ER4s Ive seen. Looks like they don't stick out as much as the stock..??

Heavily modified? you got that right. The latest mod I did was just last night. Now my ER-4 is running 92 Ohm with Radioshacks premium resistors. I keep tweaking it as I see fit. For the record my ER-4 is probably the shortest corded (around 1.5 feet length). True to Head-Fi DIY spirit, there's no bound to modding
wink.gif

Yes, the drivers angle is custom fitted to my cheek
tongue.gif
etysmile.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #390 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A black zune is not exactly unique. And I like it that way wiith those snug fitting cloth bag
wink.gif

Dude, at least show your background. All these iPods are much-less unique than our Zunes. Every set of photo you shows is one photo w/o a Zune and its background.
Show your Zune pride...
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back