Pictures of your portable rig- Part VI
Oct 4, 2006 at 4:05 PM Post #61 of 866
nice rig
wink.gif

Oct 4, 2006 at 4:57 PM Post #63 of 866
My most used rigged:
5g 60gb iPod (with BSE applied on Agent18 backing) -> ALO Bling Bling dock -> Go-Vibe 5 -> AKG 81DJ
img0380nx0.jpg

My Go-Vibe 5 iPod docking station made from sticky velcro and the back of an Agent 18 case:
img0383vs0.jpg

Oct 5, 2006 at 5:28 PM Post #67 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino
not practically portable, but since it's a laptop it's functionally portable:

Is that the alien DAC?

Decay

Oct 5, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #68 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy
[size=medium]The double scoop.[/size]

Ok, i'm a little confused here... are both the little dot micro's used in line? with the dock out of the ipod to the little dot, then the phone out to the other little dot to your Super fi 5 pro's? (Which after listening to both the triple fi and the 5 pro's yesterday, i actually like the 5 pro's better. *shrug*)
blink.gif
Enlighten me man!

Decay

Oct 5, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #69 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElChupahueso
Ok, i'm a little confused here... are both the little dot micro's used in line? with the dock out of the ipod to the little dot, then the phone out to the other little dot to your Super fi 5 pro's? (Which after listening to both the triple fi and the 5 pro's yesterday, i actually like the 5 pro's better. *shrug*)
blink.gif
Enlighten me man!

Decay

Didnt like the triples? aww..thats good news to my wallet!

Yea its ipod > LOD > LDM+ > 1/8" mini IC > LDM+ > sf5p lol
I was doing this to test noise of each one, and the cables etc. I wanted mainly to see tho if amps are really wire with gain, but sadly no because when I used two amps inline the sound was greatly muffled and two-dimensionalized. Maybe if I replaced the mini to mini with a good ALO one, but then I dont think its the cable. The added noise of two amps + iem = no good

When i get my total airhead back (loaned to renton =D) Im gonna do the Portable Triple Play!

Oct 5, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #70 of 866
Quote:

Didnt like the triples? aww..thats good news to my wallet!

Yea its ipod > LOD > LDM+ > 1/8" mini IC > LDM+ > sf5p lol
I was doing this to test noise of each one, and the cables etc. I wanted mainly to see tho if amps are really wire with gain, but sadly no because when I used two amps inline the sound was greatly muffled and two-dimensionalized. Maybe if I replaced the mini to mini with a good ALO one, but then I dont think its the cable. The added noise of two amps + iem = no good

When i get my total airhead back (loaned to renton =D) Im gonna do the Portable Triple Play!

It wasn't that I didn't like them per se, it's just that the triple fi's are VERY detailed. VERY. Problem is they have a tendency to be both bright, AND harsh. Some of my favorite music was hard to listen to because it exposed the flaws in recording and the cymbals just sounded awful. But, when i played a nicely recorded piece, they sounded great. The other thing is that they seemed to have a LOT of bass. then again, maybe it was just my rig. *shrugs* It's all so very subjective. Honestly, i'd suggest a test drive of them if you can and make a decision based off of your music as well as your rig. My rig's just not high quality enough for them, IMO.

Although... after the formal get together jasper was kind enough to let me try out his super fi 5 pro's. Those sounded awesome with my franken-rig.

Two LDM+'s in line huh? Crazy man. I'd just assume step up to a Hornet/sr-71/supermacro/whatever comprable portable amp is out there at that price point or whatever. It makes for a very nice improvement.
3000smile.gif

Decay

Oct 5, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #71 of 866
yo hyrdrocity i didnt know you had 2 little dots. now im really jealous. anyway i saw you the other day, i would have come over but you looked like you was concentrating pretty hard, or maybe it was sleeping haha idk. anyway your airhead has barely been used since my sisters dog decided to use my sr60s as a chew toy.

Oct 5, 2006 at 7:47 PM Post #72 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by renton
yo hyrdrocity i didnt know you had 2 little dots. now im really jealous. anyway i saw you the other day, i would have come over but you looked like you was concentrating pretty hard, or maybe it was sleeping haha idk. anyway your airhead has barely been used since my sisters dog decided to use my sr60s as a chew toy.

Oh noes! What got chewed? im assuming the headband, since its sort of shaped like... some kind of jerky. Yea uh they sent me two ldm+ by accident. I pmed sword_yang if he wanted it back or if someone bought it i can ship it to them but so far no replies yet. Do I hear a head-fi giveaway coming? lol.

Oct 5, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #73 of 866
Quote:

Oh noes! What got chewed? im assuming the headband, since its sort of shaped like... some kind of jerky. Yea uh they sent me two ldm+ by accident. I pmed sword_yang if he wanted it back or if someone bought it i can ship it to them but so far no replies yet. Do I hear a head-fi giveaway coming? lol.

I'll take it, my UM1s would love a nice amp
tongue.gif
CMoy just doesn't get used portably anymore since I have it stuck to my desk.

Here is my humble rig: Zen Micro - UM1

uncased8x6-1.jpg

and happily snuggled away inside it's Altoid case

cased8x6-1.jpg

Oct 5, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #74 of 866
Howdy-
I found a bag that works for my rig. A Crumpler model # MD0401A from Circuit City,Amazon has them too.
The bag is black on the outside.
I added two divider inserts,it only comes with one. Also I replaced the strap with a Tom Bihn padded non-slip strap. I tried it out today while walking the dogs for an hour and I was in tune heaven but an hour is all I can take due to the weight,not real heavy but today was 86 degrees!

For 1-2 hour walking trips I'll stick with the RWA IPod/Hornet combo with my Headroom Mini bag.

For outdoors I'm using my Senn HD-25's with Headphile V2 cable, and velour pads,I'm afraid my neighbors will think I'm a goob If I wear my AKG 701's when walking the dogs. But The AKG's sound soo much betta'!!

Inside my nifty Crumpler bag , L-R LaRocco PRII,Headroom Micro Dac,IRiver H140 using optical out Rockboxed and H140 remote. The optical cable is 8 inches long and I got it from Sys. Concepts in Canada,very good build quality and only $15!
Also the bag lid/top closes without mashing the optical cable!

Cheers,
Robert

[

Users who are viewing this thread

Back