Pictures of your portable rig- Part IV- A fresh start
Mar 20, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #541 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by brokenwallet
Anyone else have camo gear?
icon10.gif

Planning to make a short interconnect, what's a small and cheap plug i can use? Preferably angled like headphone plugs.

What mp3 player is that? Never seen that before? Is that an Apple Ipod Muvo?
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #543 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orestes
What mp3 player is that? Never seen that before? Is that an Apple Ipod Muvo?
biggrin.gif

It's a uh, mac mini pod, with a decalgirl.com skin.
biggrin.gif

Heh, No, it's just a horrible little SD card player i got off of ebay. Jwin JX-MP88? It's very similar to the Mymusix PD-205. The guy sent me a hot pink one when i specifically ask for black 3 times! He probably have hotmail accounts marked as spam, but still, that's just bad customer service. So i ordered a mac mini skin, bust out the trusty x-acto and got to work.

Mar 20, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #546 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
Oooohh, very nice. How much do the k240s improve with expensive amps?

First of all I don't know how Kam3 read the screen because I can't make it out on my monitor, but you are right- you get the bonus points
tongue.gif

The PA2 does add some power beyond what the ZVM can do, but as you might know that amp adds some bass which the K240S does not need.

It sounds fine , but the PA2 won't see much action once I get the Micro Amp.

Mar 20, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #547 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
How is that gigabeat? i have the option to get a 10 gb for really cheap off my friend.

It is truly terrible, it's interface is hard to use and sluggish and it's software is even worse, I would not recommend it to anyone, the headphone out is pretty crummy too.

Mar 20, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #548 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by rixtrix
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f236/rix365/DSCN4666.jpg[/IMG]

what amp is that?

Mar 21, 2006 at 1:06 AM Post #549 of 595
The amp is a new, sterile (not laser engeaved yet) AE-1 with a Anopeen bead finish and clear anodize. Knob is mirror polished and clear anodized. Phones are new 325i's that have been stripped, mirror polished and light grey anodized. The stainless steel grills were stripped and polished. I think they look great without the logo rings.
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #550 of 595
Quote:

The amp is a new, sterile (not laser engeaved yet) AE-1 with a Anopeen bead finish and clear anodize. Knob is mirror polished and clear anodized. Phones are new 325i's that have been stripped, mirror polished and light grey anodized. The stainless steel grills were stripped and polished. I think they look great without the logo rings.
biggrin.gif

wow you really like it naked i guess

Mar 21, 2006 at 6:33 AM Post #551 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
It is truly terrible, it's interface is hard to use and sluggish and it's software is even worse, I would not recommend it to anyone, the headphone out is pretty crummy too.

Dang That sucks

Mar 21, 2006 at 8:29 PM Post #555 of 595
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Did you put the notch in the vol knob too? I think Justin is thinking of doing that for his refresh, which would be very helpful.

Here's my AE-1, a bit more typical - just imagine all of this stuffed in a Lowepro camera bag, it's compact and stealth.

IMG_0092.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back