Pictures of your portable rig- Part IV- A fresh start
Mar 12, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #511 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibborando
"Hey, I was just over here... taking a look at those nice cans. How much did they cost you?"

If she answers "199, plus the cable mod" you'd better propose on the spot.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #513 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpian007
Sound is excellent, even better if you fiddle with the Custom EQ (very powerful).

I listen to it at 23/25 volume, I don't know if its because I'm insane or going deaf.

I listen to my Zen Touch at 20-23/25. The bigger Zen's just don't go loud it seems.

Mar 13, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #514 of 595
ipod.jpg

Custom vector designed and machine cut (Mimaki series plotter) 2ml Dark Charcoal Metallic vinyl, w/ clear Oracal removable vinyl screen protector. Unfortunately you can't tell how metallic the vinyl is in the picture. I'll try and get a better shot on a day where the available light isn't trying to make it's way through snow. I was avidly against Ipods, but this 5G replaces my Zen Sleek, mainly because I got the Ipod for $160. Paired with some E2c's.

*Forgot to mention, this is/was a white Ipod. When I got it as cheap as I did, color selection wasn't an option.

Mar 13, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #515 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximum Bob
ipod.jpg

Custom vector designed and machine cut (Mimaki series plotter) 2ml Dark Charcoal Metallic vinyl, w/ clear Oracal removeable vinyl screen protector. Unforunately you can't tell how metallic the vinyl is in the picture. I'll try and get a better shot on a day where the available light isn't trying to make it's way through snow. I was avidly against Ipods, but this 5G replaces my Zen Sleek, mainly because I got the Ipod for $160. Paired with some E2c's.

*Forgot to mention, this is/was a white Ipod. When I got it as cheap as I did, color selection wasn't an option.

So how did you get that? Is tehre a company online? also where do you get the ipod forf that price!!! wow i would buy one right now

Mar 13, 2006 at 6:55 AM Post #517 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaSteve87
So how did you get that? Is tehre a company online? also where do you get the ipod forf that price!!! wow i would buy one right now

There are plenty of companies selling Ipod decals. This particular one I designed the template for and made myself. That's the benefit of working in a sign shop. I got the Ipod cheap because I knew a girl who was liquidating her electronics collection.

Mar 15, 2006 at 6:28 AM Post #518 of 595

I don't use this portably, but I figured it'd be fun to post it so people can see both the lovely Aiwa XP-7 as well as the amp I've affectionately named "Big Ugly". It looks awful, but it sounds remarkably good with a neutral but full response, rather good dynamics, and very nice depth. It was built in my 'test box' of sorts that I used during the summer to test a variety of circuits. I decided to build a basic amp circuit in it and it ended up being rather pleasing sonically, plus it gets fantastic battery life. So, I've been using it ever since. Even kramer can attest to its being rather decent. In fact, it's so much so that I've ended up using it as my benchmark for my other DIY builds. It has an OPA2107 in it at the moment, but I also use an OPA2134.

What I've been using a lot lately, portably, is my trusty D-335.

Mar 16, 2006 at 9:13 AM Post #520 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by lovebell
Got my new toy,a quick update.
biggrin.gif

dsc026227mk.jpg

dsc025773xm.jpg

dsc026932wv.jpg

KENWOOD HD30GA9 sounds awesome!

That looks sweet.. care to post a quick review? How easy is the software to use, and where did you get it?

I was going to buy one off a user here on Head-Fi, but she sent me a picture of a paper-cutout of the HD20GA7 then got banned so I suppose it was for the better.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 10:04 PM Post #523 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by HadenGra7
That looks sweet.. care to post a quick review? How easy is the software to use, and where did you get it?

I was going to buy one off a user here on Head-Fi, but she sent me a picture of a paper-cutout of the HD20GA7 then got banned so I suppose it was for the better.
rolleyes.gif

well,no doubt.This is the best sound DAP that I've heared/had,(The DAP I used-Creative Zen Xtra ,Iriver H120 H10,Ipod5,Sony HI-MD nh1)Comparing to my ipod5,whatever high, mid, bass.A9 is better obviously.but the software of kenwood sucks-ugly,inconvenience and unuseful.can you believe that?It can't edit several songs' album and artist simultaneously.It even can't convert CD to your player directly,I have to use Itunes to solve it.
I purchased it from a store locate in japan on ebay.

dsc027898mo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back