Pictures of your portable rig- Part IV- A fresh start
Feb 19, 2006 at 11:29 AM Post #377 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy
That would be completely unnecessary - Chuck Norris' fists already come standard on Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris would just roundhouse-kick the bus unconscious.

Feb 19, 2006 at 11:35 AM Post #378 of 595
Or just stare it down, until its tires deflate out of pure fear
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 19, 2006 at 4:11 PM Post #380 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by utarch00
Is this a portable rig thread or a Chuck Norris thread?

Had Chuck Norris not stared down the postman's truck I would have pictures of my SuperMacro to show.

Feb 19, 2006 at 5:11 PM Post #381 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
Had Chuck Norris not stared down the postman's truck I would have pictures of my SuperMacro to show.

i think that answers you question utarch00
eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif

and i would look out: Chuck might be already looking for you, for not worshipping, that he took over the portable rig thread.........
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

You definetly need to chill more utarch00...........
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2006 at 8:10 PM Post #382 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmclaurin
Been using this combo a few weeks now.
biggrin.gif

56225276.jpg

That is an optical fibre-cable with angled connectors?
Where did you get that?
Is it really that flexible as it seems on the photo?

Feb 19, 2006 at 8:39 PM Post #383 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by labrat
Where did you get that?

That looks like RnB's (Myo) mini-mini cable.
He's a DIYer from the forum. You can find a topic related to his cables on mall-fi.
Their are said to be extremely good (I can't confirm or unconfirm this, since I don't have one).

Feb 19, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #384 of 595
No, sorry, that is no RnB cable, that is a fibre cable.
Ready-made from some supplier.
I am looking at the cable from the iRiver to the DAC, sorry for the misunderstanding!

Feb 19, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #385 of 595
Quote:

No, sorry, that is no RnB cable, that is a fibre cable.
Ready-made from some supplier.
I am looking at the cable from the iRiver to the DAC, sorry for the misunderstanding!

Are you sure? 'cause that really looks like an RnB cable, and besides, he states in his sig that he has one, so ...

Feb 19, 2006 at 9:18 PM Post #386 of 595
xtreme, you're right. there is a rnb audio cable in the picture, but from the DAC to the AMP, not from the iriver to the DAC. cause this is the cable in question.
Quote:

Understood now?

Feb 19, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #387 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore
xtreme, you're right. there is a rnb audio cable in the picture, but from the DAC to the AMP, not from the iriver to the DAC. cause this is the cable in question.

ohhhh.
tongue.gif

That was a misunderstanding ... lol. Ok, it's all good now
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #388 of 595
Quote:

Where did you get that?

Yes, the cable between the iRiver and the DAC is a right-angled optical mini-to-TOSLink cable that I got from soundprofessionals.com (item# SP-TMOC-RA).

It's unfortunately 1 meter long, so I have to gently coil it up a little, as you can see from the photo, to keep the rig in portable mode. I looked everywhere for something shorter, but I couldn't find one. Although I did recently see a few websites advertising a 0.5 meter TOSLink with straight connectors that will supposedly be available around the end of this month.

Also, I would have preferred a right-angle mini optical connector at both ends of the cable, but for the life of me I could not find one in existence (and I looked diligently for one). But, alas, the only right angle optical cable that I could find was either (i) TOSLink at both ends or (ii) TOSLink on one end and mini optical on the other. The only thing with mini's at both ends was with straight connectors. So, I ended up getting the one with one mini optical right angle connectors, and I put an TOSLink-to-mini optical adapter on the other end that I got from here (item #30F2-71200).

All in all, the RA connectors make for a fairly tidy setup, despite the 1M length of the cable. Yes, it's really that flexible, but keep in mind that this is not a glass cable. It would probably coil more tightly than is shown in the photo if needed.

And, yes, the I/C you see in my photo is RnB's excellent 5" Diamond Reference Mini.

Feb 19, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #390 of 595
Thank you for your info!
That is just what I have been looking for, the optical cables with straight connectors stick out too much when used in a setup like this, and carried in a small bag.
So I will see if I can get a cable like this shipped to me in Norway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back