Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
Sep 23, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #31 of 1,119
Sep 26, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #32 of 1,119
Thanks David, I'm loving the HD600s and have ordered some custom cables for them already. The one supplied is a bit long and I wanted to try them out with a few speaker amps so got some adapters also coming.

Sep 26, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #33 of 1,119
Thanks David, I'm loving the HD600s and have ordered some custom cables for them already. The one supplied is a bit long and I wanted to try them out with a few speaker amps so got some adapters also coming.
]Just wondering, what cable is it?

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #34 of 1,119
]Just wondering, what cable is it?

I've ordered a custom cable with mini xlr connector together with a mini xlr to TRS adapter and a mini xlr to full xlr

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #37 of 1,119
  I like mid-fi and budget-fi rigs. No man-purse or suitcase required .

Saw that photo and the first thought was "I'm sorry Dave I can't do that"!   In other words, it's Hal from 2001 in mp3 form!

Oct 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #40 of 1,119
my version of trickle down theory...if i may.

got a sony pha-1 recently and so started the (selectively) mindless task of converting flac to alac or ripping what i didnt have in flac already to alac...i rem when i told my self 192 is the best sound ever - yea i did. ok, job done.

now that dead class 6th gen that took a dive into a water puddle years ago, where did it go? ok found it. i had written it off as click-o-death-itized a long time ago but hey i still have it lets see what i can do. if nothing else i can do the cf conversion/new battery thing later. first things first, noobianism or not, i tried to get the classic to play on the pha1 but no bueno. so i tried the mini...DOH! NO COMPATIBLE! so lets try the video....ding ding ding sorry charlie not here either. ay ay ay! ok sooo, maybe if i just suck it up and fire up itunes n restore the classic see what happens. mmm

(insert frustration here)

after days of fumbling with the classic n itunes voi la! it lives! its holding its songs and doesnt click away like it would on RB (mind you the RB install was years ago). ok alac dump commenccing...end of story on the classic, ye ol faithful. back to the mini.

so all the tunes in the mini, bought used on ebay for 19 shipped, got a 64gb card and battery upgrade. and now is fully loaded with alac smily_headphones1.gif SUCH A BIG IMPROVEMENT!

i had it connected to a set of sony mdr 85s - j-cable n all, but with the comply tips from the braiwavz m2 (which i haanded to my nephew and a used s3). sounds ok but not very filling. step in the z0.2. now were talking. this is pocketable, sounds fairly decent and pretty good battery life.

i like it. plus i have a geeky fascination with pretty lights.

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #41 of 1,119

Still trying to decided which pairs better with the X3; H200s (with SPC cable) or TF10 remolds (with hybrid cable).

im going to go ahead and say the TF10 so you can sell me the H200

Oct 4, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #43 of 1,119
Oct 4, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #44 of 1,119
Haha if I decide to sell you'll be the first to know. :)

InEarz. Very inexpensive and very helpful customer service.

InEarz/Fisher has always done my remolds for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back