Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
Feb 19, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #316 of 1,119
  Hello Everyone, I new to the forums.
I look forward to meet you guys & learn more about audio.

This is my Daily rig:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vi0rp46pahl3ab3/2014-02-19%2012.53.36.jpg

Nexus 7 2013 > CM11 M3 > USB OTG > USB DAC (Syba SD-CM-UAUD) > Interconect > JDS Labs CmoyBB v2.03 > Sony MDR-XB400

Hopefully I'll be upgrading to a Stoner Acoustics UD110v2 in the near future.
I will also upgrade my headphones, but still unsure what will work work best with current combo. 
Suggestions are welcomed.

I vote for Ultrasones or XB700/1000

Feb 19, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #317 of 1,119
my dap - no amp rig
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #318 of 1,119
The Pelican 1020 Case arrived for my X3 & E12 providing a perfect fit.

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #320 of 1,119
Feb 20, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #324 of 1,119
Feb 20, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #325 of 1,119

Thanks Guys!

I second the fella's TrollD, beautiful setup and handy work on that IC
biggrin.gif
 I've been tossing the idea of a non iDevice DAP rig with either the X3/E12 combo or spending a wee bit more on a DX50/C5 setup. How are you liking the FiiO setup? Now mind you Rudi got wind of my considered adventure and seeing my home rigs in my profile basically told me to not beat around the bush and just order myself an AK120
blink.gif
 I'm like Grasshopper needs to do this in baby steps, I can't wait to hear the difference in a non iDevice from all my i-whatevers
rolleyes.gif
 Good lord I have not even delved into the portable balanced world yet! LOL

Feb 20, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #326 of 1,119
I second the fella's TrollD, beautiful setup and handy work on that IC:D  I've been tossing the idea of a non iDevice DAP rig with either the X3/E12 combo or spending a wee bit more on a DX50/C5 setup. How are you liking the FiiO setup? Now mind you Rudi got wind of my considered adventure and seeing my home rigs in my profile basically told me to not beat around the bush and just order myself an AK120:blink:  I'm like Grasshopper needs to do this in baby steps, I can't wait to hear the difference in a non iDevice from all my i-whatevers:rolleyes:  Good lord I have not even delved into the portable balanced world yet! LOL
Thanks Podster!
If you are coming from an iDevice world and you have the cash to spare, I would recommend you follow Rudi's advice (Except for the tinfoil on the wires to improve the crystal content of the subcutaneous unicorn hair fibres that improve the sonic incongruity of the signal transfer...) and go with the AK120. The user interface on the X3 was written by Simians and you will not be pleased with its functionality. I read that the DX50 has it share of bugs an whatnot as well.

Do yourself a favour, pop the quid and grab yourself the player that has a lot of respect in the community at large. I don't see a lot of complaints about the AKXXX series.
:beerchug:

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #328 of 1,119
Thanks Podster!
If you are coming from an iDevice world and you have the cash to spare, I would recommend you follow Rudi's advice (Except for the tinfoil on the wires to improve the crystal content of the subcutaneous unicorn hair fibres that improve the sonic incongruity of the signal transfer...) and go with the AK120. The user interface on the X3 was written by Simians and you will not be pleased with its functionality. I read that the DX50 has it share of bugs an whatnot as well.

Do yourself a favour, pop the quid and grab yourself the player that has a lot of respect in the community at large. I don't see a lot of complaints about the AKXXX series.
beerchug.gif

LOL, good thing Rudi does not waste his time here in the lowly Mid-Fi area or he would be adding to that topology
eek.gif
 So your basically saying go with the highly praised AK stuff if stepping away from iDevices eh? You may have a good point, if I just wanted non iDevice I could always Sansa and save a ton right:-0 I did get a pm to just hold for an X5 but you are correct if I'm going to put out a couple hun for a X3 or DX50 I should just sprint and skip right past all the trials stuff
cool.gif
 I've watched the vids on the AK's and there are some heavy hitters giving up big props for them, guess a pair of Roxanne's or Kaiser's with an AK120 would be a pretty tuff portable setup to beat
regular_smile .gif

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #329 of 1,119
Dx50 definitely. I have it and I dont have any problems with it. Dx50 and the c5 is great combo

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #330 of 1,119
Dx50 definitely. I have it and I dont have any problems with it. Dx50 and the c5 is great combo

Yes Teke, I was for sure leaning towards that combo but for just a little more I could be in a AK100/100 II
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back