Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
Nov 19, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #196 of 1,119
Nov 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #197 of 1,119

lol...it was just weird to see BOTH.  Usually its one or the other.  And unless my eyes are going wonky....I see rubber feet in addition to the bands.  I don't know if its a style thing or what.  

Rig is very pretty...but this is just me but a RIG = source and headphones at minimum....amp is optional.  if you arent able to hear anything with the gear in the picture....its not really a rig is it?  

I think the DX50 and C5 is a great pair.... so good that I have the same rig (but with headphones 
wink.gif
)

Well I was just kinda messin' with ya'll a little Teke although H2O has a valid point with rough terrain/conditions and enough padding/protection. I'm kinda like Sky in that I really like to take good care and keep my gears pristine, if nothing else for the possibility of resale
wink.gif
 So you think Sky needs headphones on there to call it a rig eh? I was thinking he had the all new C5 bluetooth with JH 13 bluetooth IEM's
rolleyes.gif
 LOL

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #198 of 1,119
Quote:
  Well I was just kinda messin' with ya'll a little Teke although H2O has a valid point with rough terrain/conditions and enough padding/protection. I'm kinda like Sky in that I really like to take good care and keep my gears pristine, if nothing else for the possibility of resale
wink.gif

So you think Sky needs headphones on there to call it a rig eh? I was thinking he had the all new C5 bluetooth with JH 13 bluetooth IEM's
rolleyes.gif
 LOL

Quote:

lol...it was just weird to see BOTH.  Usually its one or the other.  And unless my eyes are going wonky....I see rubber feet in addition to the bands.  I don't know if its a style thing or what.  

Rig is very pretty...but this is just me but a RIG = source and headphones at minimum....amp is optional.  if you arent able to hear anything with the gear in the picture....its not really a rig is it?  

I think the DX50 and C5 is a great pair.... so good that I have the same rig (but with headphones 
wink.gif
)

Well, I like to be unique. There's nothing wrong with applying a bit of rubber for protection. 
wink.gif
 There's a reason why none of my audio gear ever has a scratch (unless they're my beater rig, then I never care for that) 
smily_headphones1.gif

Headphones you want? Headphones you'll get! Oh, and I also heard you liked my amp bands! Here's more for you! 
tongue.gif

I would not have even addressed the rubber bands issue Sky, while they were busy over thinking your reasoning it was simply a man caring for his purchase and protecting his wares
biggrin.gif
 I commend you as your systems system are always spot on, clean and desired by many on here
wink_face.gif
 This is a gorgeous setup and that C5 will drive a plethora of fine in/on or over cans
beerchug.gif

Haha, indeed:) I am too poor to risk my product's protection, so it's best to protect from defects! 
Oh, and it's "system", not "systems". I wish I had another one though, Lol, but I don't. But yeah, like Teke said, the C5/DX50 is a well-driven and great sounding combo. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 20, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #199 of 1,119

DIYmod with internal caps > DIY LOD with micro USB charging port > TTVJ slim > Astrotec AX-60.

The AX-60's are really rocking my world! Great, fun, detailed, solid IEM's
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #200 of 1,119
Trick LOD Cogs, love the mini usb charging port on the back of the 30 pin:wink: 

Nov 20, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #201 of 1,119

DIYmod with internal caps > DIY LOD with micro USB charging port > TTVJ slim > Astrotec AX-60.

The AX-60's are really rocking my world! Great, fun, detailed, solid IEM's
biggrin.gif

Nicely done!!! I like the idea of having micro us charging port on the lod. How does it sound the TTVJ slimwith this rig??

Nov 20, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #202 of 1,119
  Trick LOD Cogs, love the mini usb charging port on the back of the 30 pin:wink:

Thanks! There a bit of a pig to make. The solder pins on the USB socket are really fragile. If you bend them more than 2-3 times they snap off.

Nicely done!!! I like the idea of having micro us charging port on the lod. How does it sound the TTVJ slimwith this rig??

The charge port is really useful. I can charge and listen at my desk at work. Free power!

I love the TTVJ, adds a nice warmth and a good bit of bass. I haven't looked at any other portable amps since I got it about 2 or so years ago. I had a problem with the headphone jack, emailed Todd, then sent it to Pete Millet. He replaced both input and output jacks and the battery and all I had to pay for was the postage to the USA. Great service!

Nov 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #203 of 1,119
  Thanks! There a bit of a pig to make. The solder pins on the USB socket are really fragile. If you bend them more than 2-3 times they snap off.

The charge port is really useful. I can charge and listen at my desk at work. Free power!

I love the TTVJ, adds a nice warmth and a good bit of bass. I haven't looked at any other portable amps since I got it about 2 or so years ago. I had a problem with the headphone jack, emailed Todd, then sent it to Pete Millet. He replaced both input and output jacks and the battery and all I had to pay for was the postage to the USA. Great service!

Nice work, I love that kind of customer service, just to know that your product will be supported after time and you have such people to talk to, that´s how is supposed to be. Kuddos to Todd and Pete Millet

Nov 21, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #205 of 1,119
new toy alert.... VERY FUNKY!  Sound sig won't be for everyone but a great breath of fresh air.

Nov 21, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #207 of 1,119
  There pretty cool looking IEM's, but the design looks as though the fit may be problematic. Are they heavy?

no..... not heavy but really big.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back