Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
Nov 9, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #181 of 1,119

what i dont get is.... dual lock/velcro and rubber straps?  and no headphone.... kinda hard to listen if no headphones.

in Australia we have excruciating rugged conditions. Velcro straps AND bands are absolutely necessary. 

Quote:
Lol maybe he just inserts his finger into the output and his finger acts as a dac then sends the signals to his brain. THOSE SMARTS 
smily_headphones1.gif

Ha ha ha. No.

Nov 9, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #182 of 1,119
Now, now, let's not get too serious now. :wink:

I was testing out my new camera and if I had included my headphones, it'd surpass the $600 restriction here. If I had posted the headphones, you'd probably scold at me for the exceeding price. :)

The rubber straps are to act as rubber feet, so my units never touch the table surface, and hence, remain scratch-free.

@LookingforIEMs, I certainly do not finger my device's sockets. :p

LOL wha? If that's the case I'm going to add this.... Just under the budget cap.

Nov 9, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #185 of 1,119
Loving the Fiio band with the DX50!!!

I know, I know! That's why its on the side. :) so I don't have to look at it when using the DAP. How's the DX50 with the Arrow, btw?

FiiO REPRESENT! #E114Lyf

Nov 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #187 of 1,119

My Saturday rig: DX50 (coax out), Leckerton UHA 6S MKII, Denon AH-D2000.

Nov 11, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #190 of 1,119

SM1 v2>Fiio SPC>Nexus 5

Nov 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #192 of 1,119

Pretty proud of myself. Opened up the iPod, upgraded the battery and replaced the front, back, and click wheel. This guy has been collecting dust for about 6 years. Better than new now!

As such, he gets to hang out with the Arrow 4G and FX40s for the evening whilst I discuss the pitfalls of adolescent psychology with the future band directors of America!

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #193 of 1,119
Now, now, let's not get too serious now.
wink.gif

I was testing out my new camera and if I had included my headphones, it'd surpass the $600 restriction here. If I had posted the headphones, you'd probably scold at me for the exceeding price.
smily_headphones1.gif

The rubber straps are to act as rubber feet, so my units never touch the table surface, and hence, remain scratch-free.

@LookingforIEMs, I certainly do not finger my device's sockets.
tongue.gif

I would not have even addressed the rubber bands issue Sky, while they were busy over thinking your reasoning it was simply a man caring for his purchase and protecting his wares
biggrin.gif
 I commend you as your systems are always spot on, clean and desired by many on here
wink_face.gif
 This is a gorgeous setup and that C5 will drive a plethora of fine in/on or over cans
beerchug.gif

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #194 of 1,119
  I would not have even addressed the rubber bands issue Sky, while they were busy over thinking your reasoning it was simply a man caring for his purchase and protecting his wares
biggrin.gif
 I commend you as your systems are always spot on, clean and desired by many on here
wink_face.gif
 This is a gorgeous setup and that C5 will drive a plethora of fine in/on or over cans
beerchug.gif

lol...it was just weird to see BOTH.  Usually its one or the other.  And unless my eyes are going wonky....I see rubber feet in addition to the bands.  I don't know if its a style thing or what.  

Rig is very pretty...but this is just me but a RIG = source and headphones at minimum....amp is optional.  if you arent able to hear anything with the gear in the picture....its not really a rig is it?  

I think the DX50 and C5 is a great pair.... so good that I have the same rig (but with headphones 
wink.gif
)

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #195 of 1,119

Pretty proud of myself. Opened up the iPod, upgraded the battery and replaced the front, back, and click wheel. This guy has been collecting dust for about 6 years. Better than new now!

As such, he gets to hang out with the Arrow 4G and FX40s for the evening whilst I discuss the pitfalls of adolescent psychology with the future band directors of America!

always get just a tad bit sad seeing the arrow. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back