Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
Nov 7, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #151 of 1,119
Also did a search about transplanting drivers into other enclosures. It did yield some interesting results but were mostly for full-sized. I'm currently using the stock comfies and they work pretty well. Better fit and more prominent bass. 

How much and what areas of improvement can you detect on your Sony tips? Just curious. Thanks!

Well, the first time I used the hybrids (prolly 2 hours into the burn-in) I noticed they added some soundstage and air to the presentation... It eliminated some of the midbass bloat and added some treble.... Then last night...

It was pretty boomy. Annoying. The vocals were getting overshadowed... It was unpleasant... So I switched to the medium Westone Star Tips... It was better. Bass became tighter, lessened in bloat... Basically what my hybrids did for me earlier... But weren't doing for me anymore... Very very strange....

I'm not a fan of foamies... Not even of the Olives... I don't know why, I just prefer silicone... (But not on women..:-D)

Nov 7, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #153 of 1,119
Well, the first time I used the hybrids (prolly 2 hours into the burn-in) I noticed they added some soundstage and air to the presentation... It eliminated some of the midbass bloat and added some treble.... Then last night...

It was pretty boomy. Annoying. The vocals were getting overshadowed... It was unpleasant... So I switched to the medium Westone Star Tips... It was better. Bass became tighter, lessened in bloat... Basically what my hybrids did for me earlier... But weren't doing for me anymore... Very very strange....

I'm not a fan of foamies... Not even of the Olives... I don't know why, I just prefer silicone... (But not on women..:-D)

biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #157 of 1,119
Looks like everyone on head-fi has a DX50.
But me, I'm old school and I hate bugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back