Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
Nov 4, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #136 of 1,119

Hope the 3M Dual lock can help me get rid of the rubber bands

Nov 5, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #138 of 1,119

Vidmaven, does that mean the poster transplanted the BA and dynamic drivers from the Sony to the shells of the Shure then? hmmmm....interesting. 

That's why I didn't add "tips" anymore since...
1. It didn't occur to me that Sony Hybrids weren't only tips... And now it seems as if the "hybrids" youare pertaining to are the dynamic + BA driver combination IEMs ...
2. It would be common sense that I'll be using the Hybrid tips to modify the sound to my preferences....

Nov 5, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #139 of 1,119
@amzies01 perhaps in order to decrease the obvious bass hump even more, you could get a pair of tri flanges/bi flanges but instead of inserting the iems deeply, insert them at the min possible distance to secure them in your ear. I find that when I increase the space between the driver and my ear drum eg using long tips that it does help to tame the bass a bit. Still the best bet atm is just get an equalizer app ( assuming u use yr phone as your source ) or to get an amp that has treble and bass toggles like the E17 if I'm not wrong. Wires are unpredictable and hard to demo unless you're in Singapore so it's best to avoid wires until you're sure they're what you want

Nov 5, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #140 of 1,119
@amzies01 perhaps in order to decrease the obvious bass hump even more, you could get a pair of tri flanges/bi flanges but instead of inserting the iems deeply, insert them at the min possible distance to secure them in your ear. I find that when I increase the space between the driver and my ear drum eg using long tips that it does help to tame the bass a bit. Still the best bet atm is just get an equalizer app ( assuming u use yr phone as your source ) or to get an amp that has treble and bass toggles like the E17 if I'm not wrong. Wires are unpredictable and hard to demo unless you're in Singapore so it's best to avoid wires until you're sure they're what you want

Thanks for the suggestion bro.:) I think the Sony Hybrid mod is doing the job anyway... . I'm getting the FiiO cables for Shures on Sunday... They're available locally here in the Philippines... They don't cost that much either... Just an alternative to the stock Shure cables (which are pretty good already...)

Thanks for the tips though. Well appreciated.:)

Nov 5, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #141 of 1,119
Thanks for the suggestion bro.:) I think the Sony Hybrid mod is doing the job anyway... . I'm getting the FiiO cables for Shures on Sunday... They're available locally here in the Philippines... They don't cost that much either... Just an alternative to the stock Shure cables (which are pretty good already...)

Thanks for the tips though. Well appreciated.:)

Looking forward to see some pics of the FiiO cable installed!

Nov 5, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #142 of 1,119
going a little old school again

Nov 5, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #143 of 1,119
  That's why I didn't add "tips" anymore since...
1. It didn't occur to me that Sony Hybrids weren't only tips... And now it seems as if the "hybrids" you are pertaining to are the dynamic + BA driver combination IEMs ... - New information for me too. I know about the BAs but the hybrids are not available here in NZ.
2. It would be common sense that I'll be using the Hybrid tips to modify the sound to my preferences.... - That's what I originally assumed, but looking at your original photo, the tips look like some of the stock ones that come with the SE215, which caused the confusion. I have those as well. 

Also did a search about transplanting drivers into other enclosures. It did yield some interesting results but were mostly for full-sized. I'm currently using the stock comfies and they work pretty well. Better fit and more prominent bass. 

How much and what areas of improvement can you detect on your Sony tips? Just curious. Thanks!

Nov 6, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #150 of 1,119

Morning Rig of the Day 
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back