Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Oct 4, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #2,956 of 3,551
Class D amps are still a hurdle my mind has to get past. I'd love to hear that system sometime. 

I'm considering buying an HE-6 just for the fun of pairing it with every speaker amp I come across.

Quote:
I'm not sure why you'd say that, but I love the combo.  Having heard them on the Liquid Fire, EF-6, and WA22, this is still my favorite. 

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #2,957 of 3,551
Quote:
Class D amps are still a hurdle my mind has to get past. I'd love to hear that system sometime. 

I'm considering buying an HE-6 just for the fun of pairing it with every speaker amp I come across.

Early Class D amps were awful, they've come a long way.  But just like Class A, A/B, not all D amps sound the same.  Check out Wyred 4 Sound, Bel Canto and also the Hypex N-Core.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #2,958 of 3,551
Some stuff I've seen on the W4S stuff is still troubling, but I know a lot of people are loving it as well as Bel Canto. I'd love to try some of it with the lack of a speaker system makes it harder. :D

Hoping that one of these local vintage Technics speaker deals come through so I'll at least have something.

Quote:
Early Class D amps were awful, they've come a long way.  But just like Class A, A/B, not all D amps sound the same.  Check out Wyred 4 Sound, Bel Canto and also the Hypex N-Core.

Oct 4, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #2,960 of 3,551
Don't worry Face, MT is "biased" toward tubes. :D

Oct 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #2,961 of 3,551
Yea MT, better get to rolling that LL. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #2,966 of 3,551
I work on vibrations. Below each device, there's a combination of several vibration-control devices plus weight on the top of each component (with a thin felt layer below each slab to cancel resonances).

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #2,968 of 3,551
I used to have a house brick on top of my cd player to stop any vibrations effecting the laser. Does is it actually make any difference with other components?

Oct 16, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #2,970 of 3,551
Quote:
How did the Discman become your chosen transport?

Tried a few and it seemed to me at the time to be my best option. Suppose you've just got to go with whatever is best at the time.. that is, once you've weighed everything up n' all.  Having said that, the best is only the best if you think it is.(and I thought it was!) To be sure, there may be better now... Only, I thought it was the best then, even though I really DON'T think it would be best for me now. Oh well, suppose it's all in the past now.. Onwards and upwards, as they say!
rolleyes.gif

Trains are my chosen transport these days... much safer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back