Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Oct 3, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #2,942 of 3,551
Oct 3, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #2,943 of 3,551
Man, so envious of the systems in here.. Someday xD

'til then, though this hardly deserves to be posted here... Welcome to College-Fi.

Alienware M17x >> Lifatec Optical cable >> Schiit Bifrost >> Audioquest Diamondback RCAs >> Schiit Lyr (Reflector 6N23P Super Cryo / Herbie's SS-9 dampers) >> DHC Macromolecule >> LCD-2 R2; amp/dac powered by Belkin PF30 through 2 MAC HC Soundpipes. Naturally a few isolation cones and things too, and the newest addition of a Sieveking Omega in Walnut to match the LCD-2s (excellent stand, but part of me wishes I'd opted for Makassar; still undecided on how to match the LCD-2s).

In case anyone's curious, the speakers you can barely glimpse through the Omega on the first photo are a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.SRs, hooked up to a Polk PSW-10 through a cheapo Dayton Audio DTA-1 :p Extra budget-fi'y speaker set-up.

Should definitely get me through Uni, at least :D

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #2,945 of 3,551
Quote:
Man, so envious of the systems in here.. Someday xD

'til then, though this hardly deserves to be posted here... Welcome to College-Fi.

Alienware M17x >> Lifatec Optical cable >> Schiit Bifrost >> Audioquest Diamondback RCAs >> Schiit Lyr (Reflector 6N23P Super Cryo / Herbie's SS-9 dampers) >> DHC Macromolecule >> LCD-2 R2; amp/dac powered by Belkin PF30 through 2 MAC HC Soundpipes. Naturally a few isolation cones and things too, and the newest addition of a Sieveking Omega in Walnut to match the LCD-2s (excellent stand, but part of me wishes I'd opted for Makassar; still undecided on how to match the LCD-2s).

In case anyone's curious, the speakers you can barely glimpse through the Omega on the first photo are a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.SRs, hooked up to a Polk PSW-10 through a cheapo Dayton Audio DTA-1 :p Extra budget-fi'y speaker set-up.

Should definitely get me through Uni, at least :D

what a sexy harvard student

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #2,947 of 3,551
Yes but when he upgrades to a Gungnir/Mjolnir he'll be all set!

except he'll need some balanced cables

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #2,949 of 3,551
Quote:
So much money spent on cabling a mid-tier system... it burns...

Yeah, I probably got a bit out of hand with that. Looking back, maybe would've gone low-cost on the optical and RCAs; the DHC was definitely unnecessary, but one of those things where I wouldn't feel settled 'til I had it :/ 

Quote:
Yes but when he upgrades to a Gungnir/Mjolnir he'll be all set!

except he'll need some balanced cables

Prolly gonna hold off on the upgrades for quite some time as a result of budgetary constraints and whatnot. As aforementioned, I hope to ride this set-up through the rest of college without much change; next big changes would occur when finances are more permitting, at which point I'd probably move into a balanced set-up. By that point though, the Mjolnir/Gungnir will be old news, maybe would look into Schiit's balanced statements much later depending upon how the reviews roll in on those.

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #2,950 of 3,551
That being said, I -did- buy the MAC and Audioquest used at (relatively) reasonable prices. I won't try to defend the cabling purchases though, beyond feeling that I won't have to change them for a while and will probably recycle most of them even if the gear moves up (balance being the exception, of course).

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #2,951 of 3,551
I gotta get one of those nice headphone stands!!!!

I was getting such sweet sound just out of this combo last night:

NO outboard iDevice DAC,  just the ALO RxMK3-B head-amp w/ my iPod Classic via Moon Audio LOD-3 cable - Audeze LCD3's
w/ ALO Green cable - running out the balanced end

but I am loving using the Dragonfly as the DAC w/ the RxMK3-B!  One of my favorite desktop headphone listening combos...

This is, at the MOMENT, my personal favorite desktop set-up (for headphone listening) ALO Pan Am Running on Passport Battery - to my LCD3's
(I'm gonna buy this sucka):

My number 1 is the Headroom Triple Stack - but couldn't afford to keep it!!
Spent that money on my E.A.R 868 tube pre-amp for the big system:

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #2,954 of 3,551
I'll probably end up with one, but I've got more important things to drop $200 on...like all these awesome LPs coming out lately. 

How's the mINT and HE6 combo? Seems like a good idea to me though the Class D nature of the mINT would be less than ideal.

Quote:
Resistance is futile.  :D 

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #2,955 of 3,551
Quote:
I'll probably end up with one, but I've got more important things to drop $200 on...like all these awesome LPs coming out lately. 

How's the mINT and HE6 combo? Seems like a good idea to me though the Class D nature of the mINT would be less than ideal.

I'm not sure why you'd say that, but I love the combo.  Having heard them on the Liquid Fire, EF-6, and WA22, this is still my favorite. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back