Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Jul 14, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #2,461 of 3,551
Quote:
'

yeah, an aristaeus to pair with the 009 doesn't seem to make much sense, as i'm not aware of anyone reporting this as a particularly synergistic combo, and that amp was optimized for just one phone, the sennheiser he90.  a bhse, t1 cavalli ll, woo wes, stax 717 or 727, or kgss(hv) are all well received for that application. shoot, the money might be better spent on another 009, but it's yer money so it's yer choice.

I guess headfiers probably think I have money to burn but I haven't, with what happened to me when I was 35, it's listening to headphones and my dogs that are keeping me going, The Aristaeus probably isn't the optimal amp for the SR-009's but I can't think it'll make them sound really bad. 

Jul 14, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #2,462 of 3,551
Quote:
Quote:

yeah, an aristaeus to pair with the 009 doesn't seem to make much sense, as i'm not aware of anyone reporting this as a particularly synergistic combo, and that amp was optimized for just one phone, the sennheiser he90.  a bhse, t1 cavalli ll, woo wes, stax 717 or 727, or kgss(hv) are all well received for that application. shoot, the money might be better spent on another 009, but it's yer money so it's yer choice.

I guess headfiers probably think I have money to burn but I haven't, with what happened to me when I was 35, it's listening to headphones and my dogs that are keeping me going, The Aristaeus probably isn't the optimal amp for the SR-009's but I can't think it'll make them sound really bad. 

Don't forget the Liquid Lightening, it's highly-regarded by most with the 009 and no tubes to deal with.

Jul 14, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #2,464 of 3,551
popcorn.gif
 Oh this could get good :D

Jul 14, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #2,466 of 3,551
System Run balanced from tonearm (and CDP) to amp. Will add a second REX amp in the furture but love this system.
Avid Sequel turntable
SME V arm
Lyra Kleos cartridge
RAM modified Esound CDP
BAT VKP-10 phonostage
BAT REX preamp
BAT REXPower amplifier
YG Acoustics Carmel speakers
JL Audio Fathom F-110 (X2) subwoofers
Audioquest & Kubala cables
asst. power cords
Dedicated room and power
VPI 17F record cleaner

Jul 14, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #2,469 of 3,551
Quote:

Quote:
Don't forget the Liquid Lightening, it's highly-regarded by most with the 009 and no tubes to deal with.

i didn't forget it....

i do think the most sensible choice for a back up amp would be a solid state unit. it's also a good choice when you just want to get in a relatively quick listen and don't want to bother firing up the tooobs.

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #2,470 of 3,551
Jul 15, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #2,471 of 3,551
yup, nice rig Tom!

Jul 15, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #2,473 of 3,551
Quote:

I'm going to be listening to IanG's Liquid Lightning but even if it sounds great I'm not that keen on it's looks. In some of my posts I've said looks are very important to me which is why I'm getting the Aristaeus. I take on board the advice about that amp not being the best to drive SR-009's, but that's also been said about the BHSE but I'm very happy with that amp. When I have all the audio equipment I'm getting I'll be posting some photos. When that happens, please post your thoughts good or bad.

Jul 15, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #2,474 of 3,551
Quote:

Ace gear! Your turntable rig isn't too shabby, either
evil_smiley.gif

Big fan of the BAT gear and have been using either phono or preamps for many years. Was looking for a table in the $10K range that would not only sound great but be reliable (offer great support), set it and forget playback, and pair well with the SME V arm. I like the Avid over the others I have heard. 

Jul 15, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #2,475 of 3,551
Quote:
Was looking for a table in the $10K range that would not only sound great but be reliable (offer great support), set it and forget playback, and pair well with the SME V arm. I like the Avid over the others I have heard.

which other tables did you consider?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back