Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Jul 1, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #2,371 of 3,551
I think it is a really sweet combination 
beyersmile.png
The Double Helix clone cable on it is only a couple of days old, but I think it has already added a nice solidity to the low end of the sound as compared to the original Sennheiser cable. 

Jul 1, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #2,372 of 3,551
Quote:
I think it is a really sweet combination 
beyersmile.png
The Double Helix clone cable on it is only a couple of days old, but I think it has already added a nice solidity to the low end of the sound as compared to the original Sennheiser cable. 

I wish you health to enjoy your HD 800 rig for as long as you decide to keep it. :)

I think the HD 800 with the stock cable sounds like a great musical microscope, but since upgrading to a Moon Audio Black Dragon and Amarra's Hifi software the HD 800 is now probably the most enjoyably detailed headphone listed I've yet experienced. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #2,375 of 3,551
Although this audio rack I've had made can't be classed as high end, the audio equipment that'll be going on it can, I just wanted to show some photos of it one with my two dogs . The frame was made out of steel then welded, the three shelves are Wenge wood. I weigh 12.5st and with some other wood I placed it on the top shelf then stood on it so it'll hold all the equipment I'm getting without a problem. Hopefully at the latter part of this year that frame will be full with all the equipment I'm getting, but I should be receiving the BHSE soon so the next photo I'll post will just have it + K-01 on this rack. 
 ​

Jul 3, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #2,376 of 3,551

Thought I'd post two photos of my K-01 + my headphones on the rack. The first photo is where I'll have the K-01 when I just have the BHSE which both the amp + PSU will be placed on the top shelf where the Track Audio isolation cones are. The second photo is where the K-01 will be when I have all the audio equipment I'm getting, the two headphones are the SR-009's + PS500's and the IEM's are the Shure se535's in it's pouch. The BHSE amp section will be in the same place but it's PSU will at the side of the K-01. Where I've put my headphones is where the Aristaeus will go and on the bottom shelf under the K-01 will be the Bybee Stealth Power Purifier and at the side of that will be the Headamp GS-X.

Dave.

Jul 3, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #2,377 of 3,551
James,

Really nice rig...........but I think I like the M3 better!  Oh that has to be wonderful!
Quote:
My headphone listening area as it currently stands.....

...and a closer look at the newest member of the family...........

Jul 3, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #2,379 of 3,551
Quote:
Seems like you're missing a few 6SN7's in there...

Yeah, lol.....wanted to see if it was better without the new production tubes....a little too quiet for my liking though 
tongue.gif

Everything is in order now, and it is burning in nicely. I can already tell that it is going to be an excellent amp....a very weighty sound with the HD800s, good extension in the treble, lots of detail retrieval, but perhaps not quite as airy as the LF.
Looking forward to playing about with it a little more over the holidays.

Jul 3, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #2,380 of 3,551
Quote:
James,

Really nice rig...........but I think I like the M3 better!  Oh that has to be wonderful!

HAHAHA...suppose I can't really complain!! - but I probably will.

The M3 has been stupendous....handling is superb, power comes nicely (I just love the non turbo V8...power seems to go on forever) and that DSG has made daily commuting bearable!!
I just wish I didn't have to put the equivalent of a set of NOS tubes into the tank every month 
frown.gif
 ..... getting 12/13mpg is not nice. <<<<<<  see, told you I would.

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #2,383 of 3,551
Quote:
OK, I'll bite...  what's with the custom painted HD800 James ?

No reason.....didn't like silver, and the price was practically the same as anywhere else (no additional charge over the msrp). Excellent job by Colorware, and the finish looks like it will be durable. Only thing is I wish I had gotten the ring in Red to match my LF.

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #2,384 of 3,551
Quote:
No reason.....didn't like silver, and the price was practically the same as anywhere else (no additional charge over the msrp). Excellent job by Colorware, and the finish looks like it will be durable. Only thing is I wish I had gotten the ring in Red to match my LF.

Looks nice anyway :)
Agreed on the red ring to match the LF.

Nice that Colorware even got the lettering in place.

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #2,385 of 3,551
If I hadn't gotten a great used deal on mine I'd have ordered from Colorware as well.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back