Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Jul 2, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #1,832 of 3,551

CD Player-   Naim CDX or Norh CD1\QDS Valve CD player [12AX7]
Pre-amp-  Valve Audio Black widow  now much improved with EI 6DJ8 elite gold tubes
Active Crossover-  3-way Marchand  unit crossed at 3KHz and 150Hz
Amplification:  -Norh LeAmps monoblocks to the subs
                       -Audio Research D125 [Svet6550s or Sovtek KT88s] to mids
                       -Antique Sound Labs Wave 8s with 6BM8s, high frequency output transformer version with  MIT capacitor
                        upgrades to drive the tweeters
Speakers : Norh marble 9.0
Subs: KRATOS  S. P. 111  12" sealed passive units downfiring
Cabling: mostly DIY with Siltech, VDH and Kimber
Acoustic ceiling and panels
Dedicated AC wiring to mains panel with sepatate circuit breaker

Jul 7, 2011 at 4:39 AM Post #1,835 of 3,551
Bedroom system

55,000 flac files => Squeezebox III=> optical => Audio-GD Compass => Mr. Liang 845 SET amp (22 watts) => Red Rose Music Classic Ribbon Speakers (93 dB efficiency)

Jul 7, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #1,836 of 3,551
"Second Listening Room" system (a/k/a "Library System")

55,000 flac files => Squeezebox III=> SP/DIF=> DAC => 50K Pot => AMP => Quad ESL-57 (Wayne Piquet rebuilt tweeter panels, HT modules and Zener clamps)

DACS USED:  Musical Fidelity DAC MAGIC, Audio-GD NFB-10ES used as DAC

AMPS USED: Forte 4a (Soderburg mods), H-K Citation II (full McShane mods), Pass DIY First Watt F3, pair of Monarchy SM-70             There is a switch setup that allows A/B comparison of two amplifiers.

There's also a Sony SACD player (which needs a video monitor for access to all it's modes- hence the 9" CRT in the photo)

It's a small room.  The Quads sound great in there- really excellent bass, within their limits of course.

In another room, I have tri-amped (plus subwoofers below 45 Hz) Magnepan MG 3.6's with DEQX providing 96 dB/octave crossover and phase / magnitude / group delay correction, but I have no photos of that.

The Quads no longer have their back legs propped up on books- I have made little wooden platforms to provide the amount of tilt I like.

Jul 23, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #1,837 of 3,551
The evolution of my HeadAmp Stack of Death as previously mentioned in this post: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/344355/pictures-of-your-high-end-system/1365#post_7202363.

Plus a Gilmore Lite in the lower-right corner. One could definitely say that I'm a HeadAmp customer for life.
smile.gif
And I'm definitely proud to own Justin's last KGSS and one of the only few silver GS-X amps in existence.

Jul 24, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #1,840 of 3,551
Quote:
you still havent answered how you manage to run the bhse without tubes :p  

It runs without tubes because that's how I'd prefer it to run.
tongue.gif
Plus IMO, it looks cooler when the tubes are removed. Sort of like how I'd prefer the amp to look & operate, but you can't have everything, right?

It's just a "gimmick" type pic of course and everything is disconnected from power, I just wanted to set it up to "immortalize" my current collection of HeadAmp amps into a personal photographic archive. Don't really plan on keeping all of the amps - one of the electrostatic amps will be sold off eventually.

Jul 29, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #1,842 of 3,551

Quote:
The evolution of my HeadAmp Stack of Death as previously mentioned in this post: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/344355/pictures-of-your-high-end-system/1365#post_7202363.

Plus a Gilmore Lite in the lower-right corner. One could definitely say that I'm a HeadAmp customer for life.
smile.gif
And I'm definitely proud to own Justin's last KGSS and one of the only few silver GS-X amps in existence.

The speakers near Gilmore Like is truly High-End
devil_face.gif

PS: GS-X in silver is very sexey!

Jul 29, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #1,843 of 3,551
Posted these pics in another forum, so it may look familiar to some...

Pioneer 60" Plasma / Def Tech Bipolar Towers & Center Channel

Surround Speakers (below)

Surround Rear (below)

Denon 10 Channel HT Amp

Denon Pre/Pro - The Brains of my HT Outfit

Sony ES Collection

Home Made AV Cabinet.  The DVD rack is home made also.  Its attached to another rack using piano hinges and folds away for access to my components

From the inside looking out

I added a door to the back of my system for wire/cable access - My favorite personal touch...

Oops...forgot a picture.  One of the reasons why I joined...

Jul 29, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #1,844 of 3,551

Quote:
I added a door to the back of my system for wire/cable access - My favorite personal touch...

Really jealous of that last part, how convenient for you! Which Oppo BDP is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back